Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pope Francis thinks his tenure will be short
Pope Francis thinks his tenure will be short
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015...t=20150313
Quote:In an expansive interview coinciding with the second anniversary of his unexpected election, Pope Francis said his time as the head of the Roman Catholic Church will be brief.

Francis said he misses the relative anonymity he had as a bishop. As NPR's Sylvia Poggioli reports, "He also said he doesn't mind being pope, but would like to go out in Rome unrecognized, for a pizza."

Quote:"Pope Francis said, 'I have a sensation that my pontificate will be short: four or five years, or two or three.'
"'I feel the Lord,' the pope added, 'has placed me here for a short time.'
"Francis also praised his predecessor's decision to resign as courageous. Benedict's decision, the pope said, opened the door to popes emeritus.
"Francis also focused on one of his favorite themes, denouncing what he called the injustice of wealth, saying it's a mortal sin to give someone an unjust salary or for the rich to take advantage of the poor.

This is kind of interesting. I wonder if this marks a permanent trend in the papacy (shorter papal terms).
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Pope Francis thinks his tenure will be short
The last Pope left, too, right? xD
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
*shrug* Changing popes makes about as much difference as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 13, 2015 at 7:52 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: *shrug* Changing popes makes about as much difference as rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Boru

Except this boat hasn't sunk yet.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Could it be sinking, though? I'm not sure the numbers of the Catholic Church, and whether Pope Frank has had any impact on that, per se.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
If time is short, Frank needs to get moving on cleaning out the pedos
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The pedos will be the ones serving him the poisoned tea.
Could this be something to do with his amazingly stupid comments about punching people I wonder?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Someone tell him that the anonymous pizza thing isn't coming back, no matter what he does. Unless, and that would be real cool, he donned a phat mustache and an elvis costume.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hm. Interesting. Is it just a coincidence, or is the catholic church getting too bullshit even for its popes?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 463 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1325 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1290 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1859 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3367 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1331 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 14990 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2133 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2238 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3587 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU