Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah...Islam....
Ah...Islam....
What a bunch of pigs.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2010032...RSMO2.html

Quote:SAN'A, Yemen (AP) - Some of Yemen's most influential Islamic leaders, including one the U.S. says mentored Osama bin Laden, have declared supporters of a ban on child brides to be apostates.

The religious decree, issued Sunday, deeply imperils efforts to salvage legislation that would make it illegal for those under the age of 17 to marry.

The practice is widespread in Yemen and has been particularly hard to discourage in part because of the country's gripping poverty - bride-prices in the hundreds of dollars are especially difficult for poor families to pass up.

Institutionalized pedophilia.
RE: Ah...Islam....
Absolutely agree. His number one student's hiding in a cave at the moment...waiting for one of these...
(inserted then removed clip of bunker buster busting bunker. Obviously militairy in origin. Sorry.)
...to land on his head.
Don't see anything about objecting to paedophilia included in the list of apostatable(?) offences, are they just making this shit up?
They are without doubt scum.
Interesting question I like to ask;

Say you are in Oregon where legal age of consent is 18. You have sex with a 16 year old. You are a perverted pedophile.

Say you went to South Carolina and had sex with a 16 year old. Legal age of consent is 14. Are you still a pervert?

How about if you were in the country of Chile? Legal age of consent is 12 years old there. Spain? 13.
16 in the UK. 14 in Iowa.

Who draws the line? Who determines what is a sick, perverted pedophile? Is it only the legal age of consent which varies dramaticly depending on your geographical location?

This, IMO, is something to be decided upon by the parents and their children. We don't agree with Yemen that 8 year old girls should be getting married and most likely getting 'sexed-up' but really, who are we to tell them they are "wrong"?

There are primitive tribes still in existance today (as seen on Discovery/History/etc. channels) that routinely sell there daughters to other tribes for a few goats, fishing nets, chickens and goats to be married at an average age of 8. Eight years old.

Where is the world public outcries? Where are the posts on AF calling theses people "sick pervert pedophiles"?

Is not morality subjective even when it comes to sexual morality? Sexual morality is subjective to the societies in which they are found. In Yemen the practices talked about here are acceptable moral practices.

Who the hell are we to tell them otherwise? Yes, we can attempt to educate on psyc problems associated with childhood sexual activity but ulitimately it is NONE of OUR buisness.

It is ulitimately up to them to change their ways if they so choose to do so, not ours.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
From a moral standpoint I agree. From a medical standpoint I disagree. The human body is still very much in development at the age of 8, and no where near ready for sexual intercourse. A person could seriously damage the internal organs of such children, depending on their age. It can also cause internal bleeding and other medical complications.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I think if an 8-year old girl appears at a courthouse in any country asking for protection because she is due to be married to a 31-year old that is cause for concern. If a 12-year old dies in childbirth that is also a cause for concern.
I don't know who you are, you certainly ain't god, but I know who I am and I'm entitled to my rage. Hypocritical as you may judge it to be. Your argument is purely that the practice is widespread, and therefore should be tolerated. Maybe you should demonstrate a little compassion for the voiceless children? Bought and sold? Abused and impregnated at an early age with no choice in the matter? By men three times their age? Get F***in real.
(March 23, 2010 at 10:40 am)RedFish Wrote: Your argument is purely that the practice is widespread, and therefore should be tolerated.

No Dotard's argument is that us imposing our values on them is no more moral than them imposing their values upon us.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
It is ulitimately up to them to change their ways if they so choose to do so, not ours. << That makes no sense. Check your grammar. And your spelling.
It is our business. You bury your head in the sand, I have a conscience.
Moral schmoral. It's wrong and you know it.
Quote:There are primitive tribes still in existance today (as seen on Discovery/History/etc. channels) that routinely sell there daughters to other tribes for a few goats, fishing nets, chickens and goats to be married at an average age of 8. Eight years old.

Where is the world public outcries?

Post links to such stories from news sources and you will get your outcry. Remember these are so called "religious leaders" saying that pedophilia is fine. How very catholic of them!
(March 23, 2010 at 11:09 am)RedFish Wrote: It is ulitimately up to them to change their ways if they so choose to do so, not ours. << That makes no sense. Check your grammar. And your spelling.
It is our business. You bury your head in the sand, I have a conscience.
Moral schmoral. It's wrong and you know it.

What's spelling and grammar got to do with anything!? You made yourself look bad there dude Sad

The point Dotard makes is about legality and labels, and not a consensus of morality. I think we'd all agree with Leo's summation, and all of us are heavily influenced by our own societies rules - we've justified those already, so other POV need some adjustment, which is Dotard's point.

Legality is just that - a society makes it's rules and judges accordingly.
simple errors in gramer and spelling make you seem lazie or illiaterate, and does not help you're credability.
And the sentence made no sense. Read it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7733 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5421 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33619 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet