Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unbelievable
Unbelievable
One observation I can make about the atheists that I have met is that they love the idea of having the truth and they hate liars. I am Christian. It is too late for me to convert to atheism for I have had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, that so many people talk about. He has spoken to me. I could only become an anti-Christ at this point. I had long misunderstood what Jesus meant by "the meek shall inherit the Earth", because I understood the word, "meek", to be along the lines of submissive, yielding, gentle but in regards to my relationship with fellow humans. What he meant was that those who are formed by God will inherit the Earth. So blessed are those that can be molded by God.

I have no idea if it rare for God to speak to someone. For all that I know he speaks with his people on a regular basis. He spoke with me in secret. He gave me no material evidence that I could show to others. I don't feel the need for others to believe that this occurred or even that anyone know that such a thing transpired. It was a personal blessing and a reward. Not for being perfect. Even knowing that God exists did not stop me from my future sins just like knowing God is real didn't save anyone else, that heard him, from sinning. It is a comfort, don't get me wrong. I enjoy being beyond the debate even if makes no difference to anyone. But it didn't change me instantly into a better person. Anyway, that's the thing I was going to illuminate for someone. Maybe no one. Even if God proved his existence you might be surprised by how little it moved you to significant behavioral change. Even Jesus, the one begotten by God, was killed for a charge of blasphemy and for all intents and purposes they were speaking directly to God and God was speaking directly to them.

At any rate, I'm sure most of you have your humanity to your own degree, no matter what you believe in. But still you have some humanity. There are worse ways to be. I have no proof of it, of course, but the God of hosts, has stopped a great many people from losing their humanity and helped many people recover it and in this way he has prevented a great deal of evil. It's a world of good and evil where God raises human beings. He knows few people will find him. He said so himself. But the truth be told, if God so chose, he could take any one of you decent human beings and make a son of God out of you. And if he doesn't, and you somehow found out he didn't write your name in his book of life, I wonder, would you hate him for not making it easy enough for you too. But really, have you done anything wrong for trying to be scientific and go about life like a detective, gathering the evidence, weighing and measuring things just like you've been taught to do? Nope. And the effect of your sins upon your life's spirit. Your joy, hope, love, etc. etc. For all we know it could be much worse except for the efforts of God. We might all be starring off in the distance drooling little pools of spit. At least we have enough spirit to be angry and take God's name in vain. Praise be to God for the sacrifice he gave by sending his Son, Jesus, into the world, to give us life more fully, and for his mercy from the cross, who did not call down wrath upon his enemies but did the will of the Almighty, throughout his bodily and his own personal experience with human beings.
RE: Unbelievable
Goodnight.
Uhm... welcome?
[citation needed]
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(March 16, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Dontsaygoodnight Wrote: He has spoken to me.

They have drugs now days to help with that. Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Praise be to God for giving you the chance to save yourself from a rigged game he invented.

Amen.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Blessed are the cheese makers.

[Image: fbc94671630207988a6357bbc15fcf806c57322f...98f8ec.jpg]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Quote:It is too late for me to convert to atheism for I have had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, that so many people talk about. He has spoken to me.

Okay, so you're delusional. Next.
(March 16, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Dontsaygoodnight Wrote: It is too late for me to convert to atheism for I have had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, that so many people talk about.

You should see a doctor about that before anyone gets hurt.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(March 16, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Dontsaygoodnight Wrote: One observation I can make about the atheists that I have met is that they love the idea of having the truth and they hate liars. I am Christian. It is too late for me to convert to atheism for I have had that personal encounter with Jesus Christ, that so many people talk about. He has spoken to me. I could only become an anti-Christ at this point. I had long misunderstood what Jesus meant by "the meek shall inherit the Earth", because I understood the word, "meek", to be along the lines of submissive, yielding, gentle but in regards to my relationship with fellow humans. What he meant was that those who are formed by God will inherit the Earth. So blessed are those that can be molded by God.
Left, right or stereo? Also, does jesus have an accent, is his voice deep or high, crisp or luxurious? You're in what I think might be a unique position to answer these questions. Is that the sop on manufacturing anti christs? You just put your name on a list or decide to be so? Sounds good for the folks molded by god, I suppose - and?

Quote:I have no idea if it rare for God to speak to someone. For all that I know he speaks with his people on a regular basis. He spoke with me in secret.
subterfuge and intrigue....I'm listening.....

Quote: He gave me no material evidence that I could show to others. I don't feel the need for others to believe that this occurred or even that anyone know that such a thing transpired. It was a personal blessing and a reward. Not for being perfect.
Seems like a shitty blessing, whispering in your ears. I think you can hire a girl to do that pretty cheap.

Quote:Even knowing that God exists did not stop me from my future sins just like knowing God is real didn't save anyone else, that heard him, from sinning. It is a comfort, don't get me wrong. I enjoy being beyond the debate even if makes no difference to anyone. But it didn't change me instantly into a better person.
You had a brush in with a god...and the effect was lacklustre?

Quote: Anyway, that's the thing I was going to illuminate for someone. Maybe no one. Even if God proved his existence you might be surprised by how little it moved you to significant behavioral change. Even Jesus, the one begotten by God, was killed for a charge of blasphemy and for all intents and purposes they were speaking directly to God and God was speaking directly to them.
They're lucky he didn't turn them all into pillars of salt, or burn them alive with holy fire, or send bears after them. Close scrape, just saying. I think you're right though, on part of this. The status of a gods existence has very little to do with whether or not I'd want to join his cult. There are plenty of people who operate cults...I know they exist, and I still don;t give enough shits to join their cults. I don't imagine it would be any different with a jesus cult.

Quote:At any rate, I'm sure most of you have your humanity to your own degree, no matter what you believe in. But still you have some humanity. There are worse ways to be. I have no proof of it, of course, but the God of hosts, has stopped a great many people from losing their humanity and helped many people recover it and in this way he has prevented a great deal of evil.
Yeah, no, I think that people are responsible for their own actions or changes - if we're trying to lay blame and credit between them and some other party.

Quote:It's a world of good and evil where God raises human beings.
-and lays them low.as in, in the dirt, dead - highfive!

Quote:He knows few people will find him. He said so himself. But the truth be told, if God so chose, he could take any one of you decent human beings and make a son of God out of you.
I think that you just suggested, up above...that this was probably not true. Since I agreed with you in that, I can't agree with you here - can you agree with you here?

Quote:And if he doesn't, and you somehow found out he didn't write your name in his book of life, I wonder, would you hate him for not making it easy enough for you too. But really, have you done anything wrong for trying to be scientific and go about life like a detective, gathering the evidence, weighing and measuring things just like you've been taught to do? Nope. And the effect of your sins upon your life's spirit. Your joy, hope, love, etc. etc. For all we know it could be much worse except for the efforts of God.
Hmn, as above, I don't lay credit or blame for someones life on non-human actors, for the most part.

Quote: We might all be starring off in the distance drooling little pools of spit. At least we have enough spirit to be angry and take God's name in vain. Praise be to God for the sacrifice he gave by sending his Son, Jesus, into the world, to give us life more fully, and for his mercy from the cross, who did not call down wrath upon his enemies but did the will of the Almighty, throughout his bodily and his own personal experience with human beings.
Funny you mention that, that's one of the reasons I couldn;t be a christian, personally. I couldn't square that redemptive offer away with my conscience. I'd have to turn it down, or be exposed as a spineless, immoral cunt (and imagine the shame of having done such an immoral thing as accept this offer stick with me for eternity......!). Confusedhrugs:
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  unbelievable truthBtold 8 1243 January 29, 2014 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist