Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Satanism is not atheism
Satanism is not atheism
Satanism is not atheism. In Christian theology, Satan was once called Lucifer, which had among some of it's meanings "the Morning Star" and "the light bringer". Satan was well aware of who God was and that God existed. Satan rebelled from God with full knowledge. For an atheist to become like Satan, he would have to first fully know that God exists and then openly oppose God. An atheist can only oppose the notion that there is a God but without having any evidence that there is actually a God. Satanism and atheism are two completely different concepts.
RE: Satanism is not atheism
No shit.
Correct. I appreciate the sentiment, I just wish more of the typical American fundamentalists could learn this simple logic lesson.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
This seems plainly obvious, but I appreciate the sentiment.

The reason this gets confused a lot is because people immersed in religion often (possibly subconsciously) shield themselves from things that could challenge what they "know" to be true. So atheist=evil and Satanist=evil, therefor atheist=Satanist.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Fair enough, but we already know this.

If you're trying to enlighten people as to the distinction, I'm sure you could accomplish a lot more on christian forums.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
[Image: sticker,375x360.png]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I'd go a little further. By saying that I don't believe in a god, I mean any god including demi-gods, evil spirits, angels, and of course Satan.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
If I was going to worship any of those guys, it would satan though. He's the only one who had the balls to stand up to that nimrod.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Thank you because when we say we don't believe in god we also throw in satan as well.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Yeah, totally.

*scrubs out penatagram*
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum