Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family of Mohammad in Quran - Proof Mohammad founded Islam!
Family of Mohammad in Quran - Proof Mohammad founded Islam!
The theory that Mohammad didn't found the Quran asserts that rulers made up the religion for there interest. Those in power made the religion. But if the Quran appoints divinely appointed leaders and labels them the true family of Mohammad, then what purpose does appointing divine leaders that threaten your power and which you are not claiming for yourself, would it have for those making the religion in power?

Now you may say, well Sunnis don't view Imams in Quran, it's only Shias that interpret the verses that way. While that may be correct, if the Quran upon reflection points to Imams, it doesn't matter if there is division on the issue.

Furthermore, this shows there was a hidden wisdom, in which with reflection one would see the divinely appointed leaders and guides, but to keep those who would oppose them to fabricating a different book or taking out clear verses, it put in a way that people can deny them, even though they are proven with reflection and logic, with other verses of Quran.

Take 42:23 for example. Three translations are as follows:

Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.
[Pickthal 42:23] This it is which Allah announceth unto His bondmen who believe and do good works. Say (O Muhammad, unto mankind): I ask of you no fee therefor, save lovingkindness among kinsfolk. And whoso scoreth a good deed We add unto its good for him. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Responsive.
[Yusufali 42:23] That is (the Bounty) whereof Allah gives Glad Tidings to His Servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say: "No reward do I ask of you for this except the love of those near of kin." And if any one earns any good, We shall give him an increase of good in respect thereof: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Ready to appreciate (service).

Sahih International
It is that of which Allah gives good tidings to His servants who believe and do righteous deeds. Say, [O Muhammad], "I do not ask you for this message any payment [but] only good will through kinship." And whoever commits a good deed - We will increase for him good therein. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Appreciative.

The Arabic is as follows:

ذَٰلِكَ الَّذِي يُبَشِّرُ اللَّهُ عِبَادَهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ ۗ قُلْ لَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ أَجْرًا إِلَّا الْمَوَدَّةَ فِي الْقُرْبَىٰ ۗ وَمَنْ يَقْتَرِفْ حَسَنَةً نَزِدْ لَهُ فِيهَا حُسْنًا ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ

fee means in, and al-qurba can be translated as kinship or near kin. In the case of kin it can be general or be referring to the near kin of Mohammad.

There is a hadith from Ibn Abbas from the Messenger that the Qurba was specifically Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain.

Now how do we know it doesn't mean just loving our own relatives and it's as the Shias say?

We read else where:

قُلْ مَا أَسْأَلُكُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ أَجْرٍ إِلَّا مَنْ شَاءَ أَنْ يَتَّخِذَ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِ سَبِيلًا {57}
[25:57] Say: I do not ask you wage for it except that he who will, may take the way to their Lord.

And we read else where:

وَمَا تَسْأَلُهُمْ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ أَجْرٍ ۚ إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا ذِكْرٌ لِلْعَالَمِينَ {104}

12:104 And you do not ask them a wage for it that it is but a reminder to the worlds.

And we read:

قُلْ مَا سَأَلْتُكُمْ مِنْ أَجْرٍ فَهُوَ لَكُمْ ۖ إِنْ أَجْرِيَ إِلَّا عَلَى اللَّهِ ۖ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ شَهِيدٌ {47}
[Shakir 34:47] Say: Whatever reward I have asked of you, that is only for yourselves; my reward is only with Allah, and He is a witness of all things.

Now that means whoever the near kin are, God is making them the means towards him, the path towards him, for all humanity. This means the love directed towards them will guide people upon the straight path.

وَنَادَىٰ نُوحٌ رَبَّهُ فَقَالَ رَبِّ إِنَّ ابْنِي مِنْ أَهْلِي وَإِنَّ وَعْدَكَ الْحَقُّ وَأَنْتَ أَحْكَمُ الْحَاكِمِينَ {45}
[Shakir 11:45] And Nuh cried out to his Lord and said: My Lord! surely my son is of my family, and Thy promise is surely true, and Thou art the most just of the judges.
[Pickthal 11:45] And Noah cried unto his Lord and said: My Lord! Lo! my son is of my household! Surely Thy promise is the truth and Thou are the Most Just of Judges.
[Yusufali 11:45] And Noah called upon his Lord, and said: "O my Lord! surely my son is of my family! and Thy promise is true, and Thou art the justest of Judges!"
قَالَ يَا نُوحُ إِنَّهُ لَيْسَ مِنْ أَهْلِكَ ۖ إِنَّهُ عَمَلٌ غَيْرُ صَالِحٍ ۖ فَلَا تَسْأَلْنِ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ ۖ إِنِّي أَعِظُكَ أَنْ تَكُونَ مِنَ الْجَاهِلِينَ {46}
[Shakir 11:46] He said: O Nuh! surely he is not of your family; surely he is (the doer of) other than good deeds, therefore ask not of Me that of which you have no knowledge; surely I admonish you lest you may be of the ignorant
[Pickthal 11:46] He said: O Noah! Lo! he is not of thy household; lo! he is of evil conduct, so ask not of Me that whereof thou hast no knowledge. I admonish thee lest thou be among the ignorant.
[Yusufali 11:46] He said: "O Noah! He is not of thy family: For his conduct is unrighteous. So ask not of Me that of which thou hast no knowledge! I give thee counsel, lest thou act like the ignorant!"

We see the true family of Prophets don't include people who do other then righteous deeds. And else where we read in Quran:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَىٰ آدَمَ وَنُوحًا وَآلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَآلَ عِمْرَانَ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {33}
[Shakir 3:33] Surely Allah chose Adam and Nuh and the descendants of Ibrahim and the descendants of Imran above the nations.
[Pickthal 3:33] Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of 'Imran above (all His) creatures.
[Yusufali 3:33] Allah did choose Adam and Noah, the family of Abraham, and the family of 'Imran above all people,-
ذُرِّيَّةً بَعْضُهَا مِنْ بَعْضٍ ۗ وَاللَّهُ سَمِيعٌ عَلِيمٌ {34}
[Shakir 3:34] Offspring one of the other; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
[Pickthal 3:34] They were descendants one of another. Allah is Hearer, Knower.
[Yusufali 3:34] Offspring, one of the other: And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.

Showing that the true family of Prophets are really chosen ones. So there is a special meaning of family, and we can know the one meant in 42:23 is that.

Now the author surely is not putting all these verses about chosen families and making the wage to love the near kin, if it's going to go against his authority. So it doesn't make sense it's by rulers.

Now else where we read:

أَمْ يَحْسُدُونَ النَّاسَ عَلَىٰ مَا آتَاهُمُ اللَّهُ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ ۖ فَقَدْ آتَيْنَا آلَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَآتَيْنَاهُمْ مُلْكًا عَظِيمًا {54}
[Pickthal 4:54] Or are they jealous of mankind because of that which Allah of His bounty hath bestowed upon them? For We bestowed upon the house of Abraham (of old) the Scripture and wisdom, and We bestowed on them a mighty kingdom.
فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ بِهِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ صَدَّ عَنْهُ ۚ وَكَفَىٰ بِجَهَنَّمَ سَعِيرًا {55}
[Pickthal 4:55] And of them were (some) who believed therein and of them were (some) who turned away from it. Hell is sufficient for (their) burning.

Then we read:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُوا الرَّسُولَ وَأُولِي الْأَمْرِ مِنْكُمْ ۖ فَإِنْ تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللَّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلًا {59}

O you who believe, obey God and obey the Messenger and those who possess the authority from you; therefore if you dispute regarding a matter, refer it to God and the Messenger if you believe in God and the last day, that is better for you and best in the end.

It can be seen that Authority of the family of Ibrahim referred to primarily their spirituality authority and their authority linked to God, and therefore this by flow, is saying such leaders exist. And as they are compared to the family of Ibrahim, it makes sense they are similarly a chosen family.

The last point is 33:33. It's been put between verses addressing the wives but with reflection, we can know it's not referring to the wives. One reason is that it's plural male which means male members are now included. The "only" (Inama) thus doesn't make sense to assume it meant all God desires with the commands is to purify them. As well, since Quran talks about other reasons God desires with the commands other then to purify, for example to make people see his beauty and glory, to bring down honorable sustenance on their souls, to give them paradise, it doesn't make sense it's saying all God wants with these commands is to purify you.

Therefore the Inama is limiting something else. It either limits the wish to only purify Ahlulbayt and no one else or it wishes to only keep the uncleanness away from the souls. Since we know by Quran God desires to completely purify others and has purified others like Mariam and Prophets and Angels, and wants to completely purify believers, it refers to wanting to only keeping away the uncleanness away from them and nothing else.

The 2nd half of the verse thus would be translated as: "God desires to only keep the uncleanness away from you O People of the Household and purifies you a thorough purification". This would mean no blessing in creation, on Angels, or Prophets, does God wish to keep away from Ahlulbayt.

This suggests they are chosen. Now before stating perhaps they wanted to appoint them as Guides and Authorities but not political authorities, we read in Quran, the chosen ones when among the people are their true kings and God gives his authority to such people.

وَقَالَ لَهُمْ نَبِيُّهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَدْ بَعَثَ لَكُمْ طَالُوتَ مَلِكًا ۚ قَالُوا أَنَّىٰ يَكُونُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ عَلَيْنَا وَنَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِالْمُلْكِ مِنْهُ وَلَمْ يُؤْتَ سَعَةً مِنَ الْمَالِ ۚ قَالَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَاهُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَزَادَهُ بَسْطَةً فِي الْعِلْمِ وَالْجِسْمِ ۖ وَاللَّهُ يُؤْتِي مُلْكَهُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ {247}
[Shakir 2:247] And their prophet said to them: Surely Allah has raised Talut to be a king over you. They said: How can he hold kingship over us while we have a greater right to kingship than he, and he has not been granted an abundance of wealth? He said: Surely Allah has chosen him in preference to you, and He has increased him abundantly in knowledge and physique, and Allah grants His kingdom to whom He pleases, and Allah is Amplegiving, Knowing.
[Pickthal 2:247] Their Prophet said unto them: Lo! Allah hath raised up Saul to be a king for you. They said: How can he have kingdom over us when we are more deserving of the kingdom than he is, since he hath not been given wealth enough? He said: Lo! Allah hath chosen him above you, and hath increased him abundantly in wisdom and stature. Allah bestoweth His Sovereignty on whom He will. Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing.
[Yusufali 2:247] Their Prophet said to them: "Allah hath appointed Talut as king over you." They said: "How can he exercise authority over us when we are better fitted than he to exercise authority, and he is not even gifted, with wealth in abundance?" He said: "Allah hath Chosen him above you, and hath gifted him abundantly with knowledge and bodily prowess: Allah Granteth His authority to whom He pleaseth. Allah careth for all, and He knoweth all things."

Therefore Quran granting authority to the family of Mohammad in a way that requires reflection but can be denied doesn't make sense if it was a religion made by Kings or those in power.

Also history records Bani-Ummaya and Abbasids were very much against the family of Mohammad and didn't even take Ali, Hassan and Hussain as chosen Guides.

One more verse to top it up about chosen ones inheriting the book:

وَالَّذِي أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ هُوَ الْحَقُّ مُصَدِّقًا لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ بِعِبَادِهِ لَخَبِيرٌ بَصِيرٌ {31}
That which We have revealed to thee of the Book is the Truth,- confirming what was (revealed) before it: for Allah is assuredly- with respect to His Servants - is aware, seeing.
ثُمَّ أَوْرَثْنَا الْكِتَابَ الَّذِينَ اصْطَفَيْنَا مِنْ عِبَادِنَا ۖ فَمِنْهُمْ ظَالِمٌ لِنَفْسِهِ وَمِنْهُمْ مُقْتَصِدٌ وَمِنْهُمْ سَابِقٌ بِالْخَيْرَاتِ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَضْلُ الْكَبِيرُ {32}
35:32] Then We gave the Book for an inheritance to those whom We chose from among Our servants; so of them (ie. our servants) is he who is unjust to himself, and of them is he who takes a middle course, and of them is he who is foremost in deeds of goodness by Allah's permission; this is the great excellence.

These verses are saying God is aware and seeing of his servants. Out of God's servants are are those who are unjust to themselves, then there are those in a middle course, then those who race ahead of all in good deeds. God picks the chosen ones from those who race ahead of all in good deeds and are foremost in good deeds.

A similar argument can be made for hadiths.

In mutuwatir hadiths, the Prophet said he is leaving two weighty things Quran and his family and that two would not separate.

And it's stated in mutuwatir hadiths that Ali has the same position to him as Harun did to Musa except there is no Prophet after Mohammad.

Therefore if these were all fabricated by rulers, why would they want to give authority to the family of Mohammad when they opposed that doctrine.

The Quran obviously was not made by those in power. Now saying it was made by shias is even more stupid, as they were a minority and didn't have power and majority are the ones who passed on Quran and didn't take religion from Shias.

So this is strong evidence that it was founded by either God or Mohammad!
RE: Family of Mohammad in Quran - Proof Mohammad founded Islam!
(March 17, 2015 at 3:54 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:

Since the Old testament, the torah and the Qu'ran are similar, in fact, very similiar, I would guessed that Mohammed took a version of the Bible and plagiarised it, to make himself the all powerful.
I honestly do not care who founded Islam. The fact still remains, however, that Islam is no less a myth than any other religion despite who founded it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 17, 2015 at 3:56 pm)RobertE Wrote: Since the Old testament, the torah and the Qu'ran are similar, in fact, very similiar, I would guessed that Mohammed took a version of the Bible and plagiarised it, to make himself the all powerful.

This is not the topic, the topic is whether the assertion the rulers (ummayads) made up the Quran for power makes sense in light of these verses!

(March 17, 2015 at 3:58 pm)Sionnach Wrote: I honestly do not care who founded Islam. The fact still remains, however, that Islam is no less a myth than any other religion despite who founded it.

This is for those who say Ummayads founded the Quran!
Does it matter if it was Mohammed or Samuel L Bronkowitz?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Would you make assertions like "Mohammad didn't exist", I think it matters!
(March 17, 2015 at 3:54 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: So this is strong evidence that it was founded by either God or Mohammad!
There you have it, folks. A future "former skeptic."

RobertE: [hide] tags!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 17, 2015 at 3:58 pm)Sionnach Wrote: I honestly do not care who founded Islam. The fact still remains, however, that Islam is no less a myth than any other religion despite who founded it.

Not really. I find the potion drinking Gaul more realistic than Jesus or Mo. Secondly, if Mystic is a Muslim, then shouldn't he be using "Praise be upon him everytime he brings up Mohammed? Just throwing that out there, even though it is off-topic. Sorry guys.
(March 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Would you make assertions like "Mohammad didn't exist", I think it matters!

Only for academic interest, as in how did the lie get started. Not for anything important, like it is a lie.
Quote:This is for those who say Ummayads founded the Quran!

You are sounding more and more desperate. Are we finally getting through to you?

"Jesus" had a family too. So what? It's still made up bullshit. Just like your fucking koran.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 43 1750 April 16, 2024 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8304 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20487 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1237 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4263 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2858 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48688 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11847 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 858 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14089 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257