Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome New Keyboard
Awesome New Keyboard
I got a Corsair Gaming K95. I never thought I'd see the day when I would spend $200.00 on a keyboard but man this thing is slick.

There is a high quality switch under every key rather than a membrane so it feels great. The keys are backlit but look great in normal lighting with the backlight off. There is an RGB LED in each key and they can be controlled individually. There are 18 macro keys. You can set up a profile for each application so lighting pattern and macros change according to what you're using. It has multimedia keys and a volume control.

The PDF user manual for this thing has 143 pages! For a freaking keyboard!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Awesome New Keyboard
This makes me want to really spend more money on keyboards.
I need a new rig before I get to think about a new keyboard. This would just be window dressing for an overaged system.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
What are the "G-Keys" for? Are they just customizable extra keys? Like G2 could be CTRL+SHIFT+Y or something?

Just like the gaming mouse, I had no idea such things exist.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah, the keys can be programmed to output any number of key strokes. They can be used for anything from simple commands to blocks of text. Great for programmers inserting code blocks.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'll never understand spending that much money for a keyboard. No judgement there. I get eye-rolls over how much I am willing to spend on 15+ button mice. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
When I went shopping for a backlit keyboard, I set a limit of $70.00, lol. What's worse, I see from the Corsair Gaming website that they make cool mice too.

Albert Einstein
(March 21, 2015 at 3:51 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I see from the Corsair Gaming website that they make cool mice too.

Indeed they do. I've got this wee little beastie:
[Image: 2.jpg]

Big Grin

My only complaint with it is the software won't let you (at least the last time I looked) assign a double-click to any of the buttons.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.