Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EMDR
EMDR
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions on Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR).

Here is a brief description from EMDR Institute Inc. (find on google.. cant post links till 26th)
"EMDR therapy is recognized as an effective form of trauma treatment in numerous practice guidelines worldwide. In the US, this includes organizations such as the American Psychiatric Association and Department of Defense. More than twenty randomized studies support the effectiveness of the therapy in the treatment of PTSD. Further, more than twenty randomized studies have demonstrated positive effects of the eye movements. Click here to see an annotated list of guidelines and studies.
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)1 is a comprehensive, integrative psychotherapy approach. It contains elements of many effective psychotherapies in structured protocols that are designed to maximize treatment effects. These include psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, interpersonal, experiential, and body-centered therapies2.
EMDR psychotherapy is an information processing therapy and uses an eight phase approach to address the experiential contributors of a wide range of pathologies. It attends to the past experiences that have set the groundwork for pathology, the current situations that trigger dysfunctional emotions, beliefs and sensations, and the positive experience needed to enhance future adaptive behaviors and mental health.
Read More ..."

I found it on quack watch but a therapist said it was scientifically proven and I am a little sketched out about it... I mean if its on Quack Watch then it raises my eyebrow a bit.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Vox
RE: EMDR
Maybe it doesn't work as well as taking a sufferer to the gun range to shoot off assault rifles, but we otta give it a chance.

Undecided
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I don't really know, here's something I'd seen

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/emdr...c-effects/
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 22, 2015 at 2:28 pm)Alex K Wrote: I don't really know, here's something I'd seen

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/emdr...c-effects/

That link was perfect. Can't thank you enough. Problem solved.

:-)
You're welcome - it's always nice to have a Novella at hand when one needs it Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition