Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions.
Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions.
This is not a "missionary" question ; trying to lure you into a conversion trap. I'm not that type of person.

I'm asking for real. There are lots, lots & lots of similarities between our faiths, hence Muslims even see that Christians aren't that "astray", yet my view towards you is just like my view towards Sunni or Shia Muslims : people whom their ancestors forged the book & twisted it ; for the poor new generations to get lured into a gridlock of a book, that half of it is correct yet half of it is false.

If God had a son, then god is not pure : he displays human behavior & proving that he (just like any creature) has a race & genes. How would I respect my god, if he like humans, reproduce ?

I could never understand why you guys look at it this way. What's the logic ? I mean why does the author of the bible tries so hardly, to turn the god of Jesus peace be upon him, into a heathen lord like Zeus ? with a breed and so ?

Please don't turn this into personal attacks & all.
RE: Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions.
Why would a deity reproducing make it less believable? As an atheist, I don't believe the bible mythology but the idea of a god fathering himself through a nonsexual act with a teenager is even less believable then Zeus getting horny and having sex.
What you do not understand is no one (because all of us have missed the mark) will EVER be justified by the good they do (thinking our good outweighs our bad) because the justice of God is perfect.
Therefore, only one without fault could live here and merit Heaven.
And there has only been one without sin from all time.
And that One because He was faultless can offer His goodness to anyone who will accept it.
Paying the price of death in another's place.
No one with Adam's blood in them can do it (the blood comes from the father), therefore God Himself had to become a man to ransom those who want Him.
The blood that was in Jesus was the blood of God.

Just as we are multi-part- body, soul(mind) and spirit (breath of life).
So IS God.
In the beginning God (Elohim -spell?/ PLURAL word) made Man. He said "Let US make man .."
The Father God correlates to our mind.
The body of God correlates to Jesus- the WORD.
The spirit of God correlates to the Holy Spirit.
It said the Word became flesh.
Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, in much the same way as God made Adam or Eve.
(March 23, 2015 at 6:50 am)AtlasS2 Wrote: What's the logic ? I mean why does the author of the bible tries so hardly, to turn the god of Jesus peace be upon him, into a heathen lord like Zeus ? with a breed and so?
I think you'll be very close to an answer when you ask yourself why the Qur'an and hadiths turn "The greatest prophet EVER" into a pervert and barbarian who had sex with a child?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Popcorn
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I call on all true Christians to answer Atlas's question while I sit back and enjoy the entertainment.
The stories come from a culture that glorifies blood sacrifice, and blood sacrifices need to be pure. So in order to cleanse all the sins permanently they needed to sacrifice a part of Yahweh to himself. Yes, it sound silly as an adult, but people are raised believing that Jesus was this cool guy that loves you, wants you to be nice to people, and all you have to do is accept him and you go to heaven. sounds pretty simple.

People will believe anything they're told if they're told it often enough by someone who can restrict the information they get. And possibly punish them if they don't learn quickly enough. Once Stockholm Syndrome sets in, it doesn't matter how weird the story is.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(March 23, 2015 at 6:50 am)AtlasS2 Wrote: This is not a "missionary" question ; trying to lure you into a conversion trap. I'm not that type of person.
Smile It reaaly doesnt matter if this were a "trap." The answers would be the same.

Quote:I'm asking for real. There are lots, lots & lots of similarities between our faiths, hence Muslims even see that Christians aren't that "astray", yet my view towards you is just like my view towards Sunni or Shia Muslims : people whom their ancestors forged the book & twisted it ; for the poor new generations to get lured into a gridlock of a book, that half of it is correct yet half of it is false.
My view of islam is 'Muhammad' made a lot of prophesies, most of which turned out false: http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/f...hecies.htm

As such All of the teachings acredited to him fall under the catagory of False teaching from a false prophet, so it really does not matter which brach of islam you belong to the net result is the same....

Now that that is out of our systems lets move on.

Quote:If God had a son, then god is not pure :
Who gets to decide what is and is not pure?

If it is God, then whatever God decides to do is pure is it not? For Christians God is the standard. This means He gets to do whatever He wants. He does not live by standards Eg: There is a universal standard of 'pureity or goodness' that God must meet, to be judge pure by man.

If God has to meet a standard then He can not be the alpha and Omega (The beginning and end to all things.) Because the standard of pureity man has identified is actually greater than God. if God is to be judged 'pure or righteous/Un pure un righteous' by man then he no longer qualifies as God.

Quote:he displays human behavior & proving that he (just like any creature) has a race & genes. How would I respect my god, if he like humans, reproduce ?
Do you not understand the terms: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are not names, but titles do you not?

Meaning these are the roles these three deities of God suport. God the Father enacts the traditional role of a father in a traditional Jewish house hold. Then God the Son enacts the role of a first born Son is said house, a the Holy Spirit is a Unseen intermetary between the Father and us.

There is nothing concerning reproduction in the God head.

Quote:I could never understand why you guys look at it this way. What's the logic ? I mean why does the author of the bible tries so hardly, to turn the god of Jesus peace be upon him, into a heathen lord like Zeus ? with a breed and so ?

Please don't turn this into personal attacks & all.

.. So I guess the next question from you would be why does God follow the behaivor of a Jewish house hold?

If this is your question then I would ask you identify which came first? If you said God you would be right. Therefore it can be observed that if God came first it is the Jewish house hold that follows the behaivor of God in it's relationships between Father and Son.
And thus waves of bullshit were met with waves of bullshit, and the atheists opened their umbrellas.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(March 23, 2015 at 6:50 am)AtlasS2 Wrote: If God had a son, then god is not pure : he displays human behavior & proving that he (just like any creature) has a race & genes. How would I respect my god, if he like humans, reproduce ?
Begs a question...how do you respect humans, if that's grounds for asking that question?

I don't know that any apologetics need to be leveraged...if you can answer that question in a more mundane setting IE "How do I manage to respect human beings, who reproduce" (and I assume you do) - then you would have an answer for that question in the case of a god.

Don't you think?
(but, if its religious asshattery you'd prefer as an answer for a question much more simply addressed, by all means, turn your head sideways and our resident nuts will shit in your ear-holes all day long)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2813 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7782 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My Questions For Christians BrianSoddingBoru4 14 1650 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Some questions for you Joz 16 3363 January 29, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Athene
  A few questions for Christians... Simon Moon 7 2171 October 4, 2016 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31180 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  The real "Christians answering questions" thread Foxaèr 17 2626 May 6, 2016 at 5:00 am
  The Problem with Christians Foxaèr 1742 192962 May 1, 2016 at 4:44 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6776 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51123 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho