Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have any creationists here?
Do we have any creationists here?
Seriously do we? I have some questions for them.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Do we have any creationists here?
(March 26, 2015 at 1:19 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Seriously do we? I have some questions for them.

Please do not invoke them.
The stupid, it burns.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I just play one on TV
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Probably you mean young Earth creationists, right? Almost all Christians are creationists in a general sense.
(March 26, 2015 at 1:19 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Seriously do we? I have some questions for them.

At the top of my list is, "How can you be so fucking gullible?"

Immediately after that, the question is, "You interested in buying a bridge?"

If there are creationists here, they're probably too weary of admitting as much less they find themselves subjected to relentless scorn and ridicule.

To which I say, good.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(March 26, 2015 at 6:45 pm)Nestor Wrote: If there are creationists here, they're probably too weary of admitting as much less they find themselves subjected to relentless scorn and ridicule.

To which I say, good.

That would be if they had any shame, however, GC is openly proud of his ignorance.

He's the only one I can think of right off the bat that is %100 YEC.

(There are others that wouldn't surprise me, like Huggy)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The funny about YEC is, even if we assume it for the sake of argument, Christian theism still fails to explanation YEC; in fact, non-Christian theisms like deism and polytheism would be compatible with YEC.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal

I don't know if he's a YEC, but GC is a fucktard evolution denier.

He seems to be MIA though (hasn't posted since 3/14). He didn't throw a hissy this time so maybe he just got asked one too many questions he couldn't answer.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Quote:That would be if they had any shame, however, GC is openly proud of his ignorance.

What else does he have to be proud of?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Do we have any female Christians left? If not, anyone is welcome to comment. Losty 34 3383 May 13, 2019 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: WolfsChild
  Are there any Christians here who believe in zombies? Jehanne 41 4812 February 1, 2019 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Are there any YECs in the house here? Jehanne 71 9484 June 28, 2018 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  the real reason creationists hate evolution? drfuzzy 22 8059 October 6, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  For Creationists. Lemonvariable72 95 20869 November 21, 2014 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  you have to have faith..and there's a purpose k2490 16 5762 June 1, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Why don't Christians/Creationists attack luingistic science? Simon Moon 2 1468 May 25, 2014 at 11:39 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Have any women you've known ever followed the biblical order in Lev.15? Brakeman 12 4438 September 5, 2013 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  What if there weren't Creationists???? The Reality Salesman01 18 6889 August 3, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  Have any theists here traveled to the mid-east? Brakeman 5 3105 June 5, 2013 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Something completely different