Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF.org Q&A Tag!
Tongue 
AF.org Q&A Tag!
Alright everyone, I think this'll be fun! So I have been scouring the sewers of Tumblr, and I have found some great lists of questions for our Q&A tag.

I think people are correct in that this shouldn't be a real tag, as we might be tagging someone that doesn't want to put their mug on the interwebs, but we can still tag questions that we'd like anyone to answer. Here are some cool lists of questions to grab from:
https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/personal-questions
http://www.signupgenius.com/groups/getti...stions.cfm

I think it'll be cooler if everyone answers 10-15 questions of their own choosing, and we don't necessarily know which questions you'll choose. That way you have to watch the videos to see what people are revealing about themselves... Tongue

If you are open to being tagged, let everyone know. (You guys can tag me all day!)

I'll start:

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: AF.org Q&A Tag!
AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! THE PUPPIES!!!!!!! Heart Heart Heart

And glitter, huh? That must have been some awful shit for you to have a phobia of it! Now, did that prank give you the phobia or was it a preexisting thing and the prank made it worse?

Heart puppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppies Heart
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Come on, give the man some love, it's not all about the puppies Tongue

Very charming vid. And shot in a nice wiener perspective! Watching that, I almost feel like my name is richard.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 26, 2015 at 5:42 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: AAAAAAAAHHHH!!! THE PUPPIES!!!!!!! Heart Heart Heart

And glitter, huh? That must have been some awful shit for you to have a phobia of it! Now, did that prank give you the phobia or was it a preexisting thing and the prank made it worse?

Heart puppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppiespuppies Heart

This particular incident caused the phobia. It was so traumatized.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 26, 2015 at 6:07 pm)Alex K Wrote: Come on, give the man some love, it's not all about the puppies Tongue

What? There was a person in the video?? Angel

There are people in my office building that I only know by their dogs. If put in a police line up and asked to identify which person owned Ranger, which owned Jethro, which owned Kalamity Jane and which owned the boxer with the world's most adorable under bite, I wouldn't be able to distinguish anything beyond the owner's gender :p (Ranger's human is a man, Jethro and Jane's humans are women, the the boxer's under bite is so blindingly adorable that I can't remember the gender of her owner) There's a big grey dog and a blonde labradoodle that I've never officially met.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Losty where you at?

Well, if Morgan's not gonna do it, I'll give Steel aaaaaallll the love :p

I'm gonna do one of these soon. I love the list of a hundred questions instead of a static 10 or 15 Big Grin
I'll have to scratch out a little time to put one of these together. Maybe over the weekend.

Hopefully this generates a little more interest than the second round of accent tag round two did (did that make sense to anyone but me).
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I just did one and am processing it now. Unfortunately, I have a very hard time speaking up.

https://youtu.be/lmaCHClnhIU This should work.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Posting here so this shows up inside of the 'my posts' feed Tongue
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Forum Accent Tag: Round 3!! Clueless Morgan 98 7971 November 28, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheist Forums Accent Tag! Round 2 Napoléon 845 122670 October 1, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Star Trek Fans on AF.org vulcanlogician 66 4545 March 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheistforums.org sucks... FirstPoet 20 2651 December 24, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Ask me questions for my next accent tag Foxaèr 6 1103 July 23, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Help with petition on change.org purplepurpose 8 1480 August 5, 2016 at 9:42 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter
  How much pre-joining lurking did you do before you joined AF.org? Whateverist 35 4086 August 30, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Shameless Plug for AF.org Whateverist 21 3345 August 12, 2015 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Happy Mother's Day to the AF.org Mothers!!! SteelCurtain 16 2249 May 10, 2015 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  I love AF dot ORG KUSA 4 930 February 28, 2015 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Norman Humann