Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came?
What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came?
This is to the theists on the forum. What happened to the nonJews who died before Jesus' birth?
RE: What Happened to the Non Jews Who Died Before Jesus Came?
They were none-the-wiser.

And probably happier for it I don't doubt.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I believe the Biblical answer would be that they went to hell, but it will be interesting to see if any Christians have a response that refers to what the Bible says, instead of just some made-up BS that they find pleasing to believe.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Where is the evidence that jesus came? And by evidence I mean the stained sheets.
(March 27, 2015 at 9:32 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: I believe the Biblical answer would be that they went to hell, but it will be interesting to see if any Christians have a response that refers to what the Bible says, instead of just some made-up BS that they find pleasing to believe.

I am hoping that some of the theist on this forum answer. It would be interesting to know if they all agree on the answer or if they have different opinions
As far as I know-
They, like everyone else without the access to the message of redemption were judged by what they knew and how they responded to their conscience.
My wife says: they went to heaven, the mercy of God would save them / the blood of Jesus was retroactive.
(March 27, 2015 at 10:21 pm)professor Wrote: As far as I know-
They, like everyone else without the access to the message of redemption were judged by what they knew and how they responded to their conscience.
My wife says: they went to heaven, the mercy of God would save them / the blood of Jesus was retroactive.

If they all get to go to heaven, wouldn't it be best if no one tries to convert anyone? Wouldn't telling people about Jesus, according to your ideas, make them more likely to go to hell, whereas if they were ignorant, they might be saved?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(March 27, 2015 at 10:36 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: If they all get to go to heaven, wouldn't it be best if no one tries to convert anyone? Wouldn't telling people about Jesus, according to your ideas, make them more likely to go to hell, whereas if they were ignorant, they might be saved?

“I read about an Eskimo hunter who asked the local missionary priest, ‘If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?’ ‘No,’ said the priest, ‘not if you did not know.’ ‘Then why,’ asked the Eskimo earnestly, ‘did you tell me?”
- Annie Dillard, Pilgrim at Tinker Creek
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(March 27, 2015 at 10:21 pm)professor Wrote: As far as I know-

Thank you for answering.
"Grandfathered in"

Heh.

My vote is: Nothing.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1323 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Man claims to hunt non-binaries Ferrocyanide 10 1214 April 6, 2022 at 8:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here's What Happened to the RCC.... ronedee 41 4069 October 31, 2021 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Saints writings on Jews Fake Messiah 14 2478 December 21, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  So what happened? Drich 230 20809 July 31, 2019 at 11:01 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  So again I asked what happened??? Drich 25 2534 July 27, 2019 at 3:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5858 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  [Serious] fact finding mission for non-Christians tackattack 52 4263 March 7, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do moderates think Jesus died for? Der/die AtheistIn 119 10925 January 16, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Randomly cruising the interwebz I came accross...... downbeatplumb 1 652 April 28, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13