Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rural traffic and news reports.
Rural traffic and news reports.
I live in a rural town an there is a SMALL city, VERY SMALL, an hour north of me. I always find it laughable when I am watching their traffic cam when the anchor says "busy". I grew up in the DC suburbs and all I can think is, "What planet do you live on"?
RE: Rural traffic and news reports.
Ha ha... I can relate. I grew up in Baltimore. Beltway 695 around B'more and Beltway 495 around DC are both affectionately named Suicide Circle. A traffic jam is a real traffic jam consisting of stopping and going less than 5mph for more than 40 minutes. Gridlocks are maddening and take police intervention to sort out and people, in general, drive like assholes. Where I'm at now, people bitch because they are stuck in a traffic jam that only lasts at the most, ten minutes.

I live on the main st, (actually named Main. St.) in my town and our speed limit is 25mph. Cars average 40mph. We have a total of three traffic lights here. Most everything you need - gas station/convenience store, pizza joint, barber shop, American Legion, fire department, photography studio, shoe repair place, dog groomer (god, I hate that woman!), dance studio, middle and high schools and one elementary school, movie theater, dry cleaners, township building, appliance store and a book store are all within walking distance. Oh, and two bars are less than 3 tenths of a mile from my house. Yep. I could "almost" give up driving if the grocery store wasn't so far away.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Dude the worst part is they show the same traffic cam from that one light and I swear Garth and Wayne could play hockey in the middle of it.

As much as I love Hitchens, as soon as I got his book I saw how fucking big it was and wondered "Portable" what the fuck? That damned thing was so huge it had several moons orbiting it.
(March 31, 2015 at 1:18 pm)Judi Lynn Wrote: I live on the main st, (actually named Main. St.) in my town

Try not to have any nightmares... Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playing with words and a news story. Brian37 6 1009 April 17, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Physicist Beats a Traffic Ticket ... Rayaan 11 3466 April 15, 2012 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13