Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fixed] New Thread Window Overlaps Smileys
[Fixed] New Thread Window Overlaps Smileys
This is only an aesthetic problem as all the smileys are accessible. I only mention it because it is an obvious CSS flaw. Low priority.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: New Thread Window Overlaps Smileys
Verified. 

This is, as with many other issues, a CSS flaw that is dependent on your personal browser zoom level.  (I personally can't get the smilies pane to not overlap until the text elsewhere on the page is almost too small to read.)

You can work around it with Ctrl-minus / Ctrl-plus in Firefox and many other browsers on Windows or Linux.  I have no idea what you'd do on MacOS.
Is adjusting the zoom level really the one fix for this issue?

I'm not going to start a new thread for this because it's related to the smileys, but would there be a way to have the smileys window that opens when you select [get more] to be resizable?  Or is this also browser-specific?

I'm on Chrome and I can't resize the window when I open the smileys menu, I can only use the scroll bars to navigate around.

Also, would it be possible to get a smaller version of the ROFLOL  smiley - like we have two sizes for the angel smiley? (  Angel Cloud and Angel   ) Sometimes posts are rotflol funny, but not GIANT rtoflol smiley funny. Tongue 
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Oh. That's a ROTFL smiley.

Erk.

I saw the fist gesture and thought it was an inference to male masturbation. I guess my useage of that one will need to be a little more judicious.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 2, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: Is adjusting the zoom level really the one fix for this issue?

In my opinion, it's a workaround.   I might take a crack at the CSS later if I have the time.

I would love to replace that obnoxious ROFL smiley.   Seriously, no one here is that funny.
Tiberius fixed this earlier today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Fixed] Information in blue ribbon at top of page, correct? Angrboda 8 2552 April 29, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  [Fixed] Using "quick edit" removes spaces between lines in post Faith No More 4 1319 April 24, 2015 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  [Fixed] Smiles box is partially covered (and fonts!!!) Dystopia 3 1058 April 12, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  [Fixed] "Top Members" link missing. Jackalope 5 1431 April 12, 2015 at 2:59 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  [Fixed] "Top Posts" link missing. Jackalope 1 897 April 12, 2015 at 1:03 am
  [Fixed] Remove border from avatar display in posts Jackalope 4 1058 April 11, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  [Fixed] Post subject should be bold Jackalope 1 832 April 11, 2015 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  [Fixed] Missing link to rules Jackalope 0 699 April 10, 2015 at 5:14 pm
  [Fixed] Spoiler tag broken Norman Humann 6 1604 April 5, 2015 at 12:07 pm
  [Fixed] "My Posts" link missing. Jackalope 16 2543 April 5, 2015 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Cyberman