Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists!
Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists!
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/01/...wisconsin/

This makes Madison (the city I currently reside in) the ONLY CITY IN THE ENTIRE NATION that has writing specifically protecting atheists from all forms of discrimination.

Madison, FUCK YEAH!

You all jelly, ain't ya. Big Grin
RE: Madison, Wi now a safe haven for atheists!
Hey that is awesome! Great job Madison Smile I salute you.

It's really sad that something so obviously fair and necessary has to be explicitly mentioned, but that's the world we live and so good on them for stepping up.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's a step in the right direction for a country like the US. Keep it up! Big Grin
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Yup, I'm jelly as hell. Go Madison!
I'm happy for the US... finally coming around into the 20th century!

Here's an excerpt from Portugal's constitution, written down way back in 1974 (after our last dictatorship):
Quote:Article 12
(Principle of universality)
1. Every citizen shall enjoy the rights and be subject to the duties enshrined in this Constitution.
2. Bodies corporate shall enjoy such rights and be subject to such duties as are compatible with their nature.

Article 13
(Principle of equality)
1. Every citizen shall possess the same social dignity and shall be equal before the law.
2. No one shall be privileged, favoured, prejudiced, deprived of any right or exempted from any duty on the basis of ancestry, sex, race, language, place of origin, religion, political or ideological beliefs, education, economic situation, social circumstances or sexual orientation.

Enjoy.
Very nice. I don't know why we have to fight so hard just for everyone to recognize the rights we should all have.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 2, 2015 at 6:24 am)pocaracas Wrote: Here's an excerpt from Portugal's constitution, written down way back in 1974 (after our last dictatorship):

Quote:Article 12
(Principle of universality)
1. Every citizen shall enjoy the rights and be subject to the duties enshrined in this Constitution.
2. Bodies corporate shall enjoy such rights and be subject to such duties as are compatible with their nature.

Article 13
(Principle of equality)
1. Every citizen shall possess the same social dignity and shall be equal before the law.
2. No one shall be privileged, favoured, prejudiced, deprived of any right or exempted from any duty on the basis of ancestry, sex, race, language, place of origin, religion, political or ideological beliefs, education, economic situation, social circumstances or sexual orientation.

Say, do you have any vacancies over there?
(April 2, 2015 at 7:39 am)Norman Humann Wrote:
(April 2, 2015 at 6:24 am)pocaracas Wrote: Here's an excerpt from Portugal's constitution, written down way back in 1974 (after our last dictatorship):
Say, do you have any vacancies over there?
Lots and lots...
About 2 years ago, our PM told the youngsters they should emigrate because there are no jobs... but then he comes back and says they've created jobs... so... people have left, but there are more jobs... or so they say! Tongue
(April 2, 2015 at 7:51 am)pocaracas Wrote: Lots and lots...
About 2 years ago, our PM told the youngsters they should emigrate because there are no jobs... but then he comes back and says they've created jobs... so... people have left, but there are more jobs... or so they say! Tongue

Let me just pack my shit and catch the plane, brb
I feel like I'd like Portugal. You guys were worldwide bosses for so long. There's gotta be some of that left.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3821 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1223 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oh Yeah - This Will Make Us Safe..... Minimalist 11 2102 August 6, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Republicans STILL haven't learned anything about racism TaraJo 35 6904 February 28, 2014 at 1:09 am
Last Post: *Deidre*