Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good)
Video 
God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good)
God changing his mind about the whole evil vengeful god thing into the nice cuddly Jesus Christ who died for our sins  ROFLOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZcviS1foU
RE: God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good)
Yea sounds nice until you get to the end of the book where God goes back to being a violent prick.
(April 2, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Mental Outlaw Wrote: God changing his mind about the whole evil vengeful god thing into the nice cuddly Jesus Christ who died for our sins  ROFLOL

Do me a favor mental.
Try not to say that God did this or that.
You rather say............ACCORDING TO THIS OR THAT RELIGION GOD DID THIS OR THAT.
Thanks Mental.  Smile
God doesn't change. It's us that changes. If we read the beginning of the bible, we change so he looks like a psycopath. If we skip ahead to near the end, we change so that he now seems like some dozy carpenter touching up lepers. But he's always the same, it's the impurity of our mind or something that makes him seem like a bunch of crud.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 3, 2015 at 7:35 am)robvalue Wrote: God doesn't change. It's us that changes. If we read the beginning of the bible, we change so he looks like a psycopath. If we skip ahead to near the end, we change so that he now seems like some dozy carpenter touching up lepers. But he's always the same, it's the impurity of our mind or something that makes him seem like a bunch of crud.

The bible.
The Christianity.
The God.
Eh, wait a minute.
Where is the evidence that what is written in the bible is what God said?  Thinking
(April 3, 2015 at 7:58 am)Riketto Wrote: Eh, wait a minute.
Where is the evidence that what is written in the bible is what God said?  Thinking

Ask Drich.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The bible is the best defense against Christians who claimed that the god of the New Testament is a new, improved being.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Malachi 3:7
For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
(April 3, 2015 at 8:26 am)Nope Wrote: The bible is the best defense against Christians who claimed that the god of the New Testament is a new, improved being.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Malachi 3:7
For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

Nope.
Would you like if someone go around saying that you said this or that.
Something that you in fact never said.
That is the reason why i say that is important to mention who allege
saying this or that about somebody else.
Too many people came to the conclusion that what religion say is what God said
which most probably is not the truth.  Wink Shades
(April 3, 2015 at 8:58 am)Riketto Wrote: Nope.

Say, that god of yours sure doesn't mind slander. If people were going around my back telling everyone I said something I didn't say, I'd do something about it. That god of yours doesn't seem to be bothered at all. You'd think a deity would be able to clarify what it does and doesn't mean to say, wouldn't you?

So you don't believe in the god of the bible? What god do you believe in, then?
(April 3, 2015 at 8:58 am)Riketto Wrote:
(April 3, 2015 at 8:26 am)Nope Wrote: The bible is the best defense against Christians who claimed that the god of the New Testament is a new, improved being.
Nope.
Uhh... did you NOT read her post or something?  She is specifically referring to Christians who believe what the Bible says.  It's right there in the first line of her post, and in the subsequent lines where she quotes specific chapter and verse.  She really can't make it any clearer.

Also, are you implying that the god of the Bible is not real?  That the real god is another?  Because as far as I can tell, your instructions for getting in touch with that real god is the same instructions the Christians here used to verify for themselves that the Bible god is the real one.  Maybe you can debate the Christians here.  You can tell them to "look within" and they can tell you to "A/S/K" and you can talk right past each other for a few pages and maybe some of you will finally realize just how silly the whole thing sounds.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 5945 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4229 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1958 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1913 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  The Argument Against Evil-lution no one 19 3409 January 5, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is religion a necessary evil? purplepurpose 35 5115 November 2, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Atheists who announce "I'm good without god" Bahana 220 21604 October 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1702 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2582 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 911 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm