Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borowitz - April 2
Borowitz - April 2
http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...MjEzMjQ4S0

Quote:Peace with Iran Could Limit Ability to Bomb It, Warns McCain
RE: Borowitz - April 2
There is so much truth to this. The right wing talking heads are so fucking stupid they don't even realize that having this agreement in place makes future bombing simpler. Violation of the agreement would essentially give us carte blanche to bomb at will. I think the real rub with the rubes is that Obama's administration has gotten this done.

It's also symptomatic of the reflexive sucking of Israel's cock that seems to be the Republican past time. Netanyahu and the American Chickenhawks denounce the negotiations; however, never provide alternatives. I can't help but conclude their itching to see their defense contract stocks increase in value while the children of others go off to die because they don't want to have a conversation.
I wonder if Bibi speaking out against a deal with Iran actually had the opposite of the desired effect. Getting a deal done in spite of Netanyahu sounds like a wonderful thing.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The articles that Borowitz writes are so real I am not convinced they belong in the humor section.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Borowitz- A Trumpy Thanksgiving Minimalist 0 427 November 16, 2018 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Borowitz 3-2-2018 Minimalist 2 289 March 2, 2018 at 9:59 pm
  Borowitz 11-30-16 Minimalist 5 814 December 1, 2016 at 2:08 am
  Borowitz 9-20-16 Minimalist 0 456 September 20, 2016 at 2:39 pm
  Borowitz - Mexican Judges Minimalist 7 1247 June 6, 2016 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Borowitz Minimalist 2 622 May 16, 2016 at 7:22 pm
  Borowitz: Debate Fireworks Minimalist 3 724 October 28, 2015 at 9:58 pm
  Borowitz - Republican Catastrophe! Minimalist 0 756 June 25, 2015 at 1:39 pm
  <April Fool's-oriented false claim> Creed of Heresy 21 2287 April 1, 2015 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Borowitz - Alabama Losing Streak Continues Minimalist 0 686 February 9, 2015 at 6:57 pm