Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[False Positive] Toggling source/preview of bullet list reformats list
[False Positive] Toggling source/preview of bullet list reformats list
This happens both if you toggle source or preview post.  Reformatting is non-destructive when each item in the bullet list is prefixed with an asterisk code.

Code:
regular text.
[list]
Item one
Item two
Item Three[/list]
That's the list.

Produces the following after toggling view source on and off.
Code:
regular text.

[list]
Item oneItem twoItem Three[/list]That's the list.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
RE: Toggling source/preview of bullet list reformats list
That's not how you do a list, and I can't replicate it when the code is correct. For example, if I make a list using the editor (rather than manually) and then preview / toggle source, I get the following:

Code:
[list]
[*]Item 1
[*]Item 2
[*]Item 3
[/list]

This is the correct code and nothing breaks when I toggle back into preview mode, etc. I believe you just left out the [*] for each item?
RE: [False Positive] Toggling source/preview of bullet list reformats list
(April 4, 2015 at 7:41 pm)Tiberius Wrote: That's not how you do a list, and I can't replicate it when the code is correct. For example, if I make a list using the editor (rather than manually) and then preview / toggle source, I get the following:

Code:
[list]
[*]Item 1
[*]Item 2
[*]Item 3
[/list]

This is the correct code and nothing breaks when I toggle back into preview mode, etc. I believe you just left out the
[*] for each item?

Yes, the [*] was left out intentionally. If this is simply unsupported code, that's fine. It provided some additional functionality (being able to indent paragraphs) prior to the upgrade. If that added function is no longer (or never was) supported, then no biggie. It just seems like unexpected behavior.
Fair enough, they must have changed the way lists are parsed. If you want to indent text, I've added a new tag:

Code:
[indent]

Which will indent text like so:

    Indented.
        Indented more.
            Indented even more.
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'Put Editor In Source Mode by default' option in User CP doesn't work SteelCurtain 7 2277 April 30, 2015 at 9:32 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Bug in display of bullet list Angrboda 0 627 April 2, 2015 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda