Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents forcing a christian convention on me - how to keep sane?
Parents forcing a christian convention on me - how to keep sane?
So when I say forcing I mean they think I want to go, I havent told them about my athiesm as I don't want to face the consequences
With that out of the way I am going to a christian convention on Monday! The time where I have to take a break from my exams Im getting preached about how fucking amazing JC is!

So how do I keep sane? What should I do to keep my ass out of a mental asylum!

Thank you Big Grin Big Grin
RE: Parents forcing a christian convention on me - how to keep sane?
Is there any way you could convince your parents you don't want to go without revealing you're an atheist? Have you tried talking them out of it?
(April 3, 2015 at 11:33 am)Norman Humann Wrote: Is there any way you could convince your parents you don't want to go without revealing you're an atheist? Have you tried talking them out of it?

Oh trust me thats not an option! Plus Id have to go to my christian nans anyway who is even more radical, because my parents are so clingy they don't want to leave me at home despite being of a legal age
Huh. Well, can you explain more about this convention? How long will it last and what would it look like?
How old are you?
What kind of Christianity are we talking about? The kind with men in dresses and funny hats? Or the megachurch variety? Do you think you could speak in tongues while convulsing, then stop, look around, and declare "Psych!"?
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 3, 2015 at 11:37 am)Norman Humann Wrote: Huh. Well, can you explain more about this convention? How long will it last and what would it look like?

http://www.springharvest.org/

(April 3, 2015 at 11:37 am)Chuck Wrote: How old are you?

Why does that matter? 16...
Sounds incredibly sucky.

Bring your books and study for your exams.  Beats the fuck out of jesus.
(April 3, 2015 at 11:39 am)KevinM1 Wrote: What kind of Christianity are we talking about?  The kind with men in dresses and funny hats?  Or the megachurch variety?  Do you think you could speak in tongues while convulsing, then stop, look around, and declare "Psych!"?

Megachurch

(April 3, 2015 at 11:42 am)Minimalist Wrote: Sounds incredibly sucky.

Bring your books and study for your exams.  Beats the fuck out of jesus.

I was going to though, ill still have to go to the three meetings throughout the day Undecided
Unless you get a headache or something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2305 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  you can keep heaven Amarok 32 6600 November 25, 2016 at 11:54 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  how to hold on to atheism when things keep getting worse? Rextos 26 4496 June 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  Angry parents over "Islam Homework" LOL??? GoHalos1993 41 8963 December 19, 2015 at 5:20 am
Last Post: abaris
  Any advice on coming out to my parents? BitchinHitchins 26 6843 August 2, 2015 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  How should I go about telling my parents that I'm atheist Ghost2282 12 3319 February 15, 2015 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
Sad Dealing with overly emotional christian parents? interstice 17 3917 September 22, 2014 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Telling my parents that I'm an atheist- need advice. King Dez 16 3257 August 14, 2014 at 3:06 am
Last Post: King Dez
  Parents Don't See The Irony LivingNumbers6.626 8 2774 July 31, 2014 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: LivingNumbers6.626
  How to tell parents I'm an atheist Creeper23782 63 14768 April 4, 2014 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s