Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AF vlog thread
The AF vlog thread
So I had this crazy night. Some shit happened so I decided to record a video of it and well there you go.

Don't miss the Lucanus victory dance at the end.

https://youtu.be/AXCiBfMLQcY

After this masterpiece of the 7th art, I challenge everyone on the forums to make their own vlogs. Just for shits and giggles. Come on, let's make this a thing.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
RE: The AF vlog thread
I am so down with this.

I love the fucking victory dance!!! So many kudos!!!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I love this! You got some moves there Luc!
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
I love vlogs. I love the aesthetic and the equipment relating to them. Unfortunately, I just have my iMac, and natural lighting mostly.

Not that this thread asks, but a few of my favorite vlogs from others are:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJY0O-...YuM5KW7r7g The Frey Life - about a young husband and wife, the latter having cystic fibrosis (warning: he is a pastor)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gimmeaflakeman Gimmeaflakeman - middle aged j-vlogger previously from America. Now in Japan.
https://www.youtube.com/user/kepsux Kyde and Eric - a young couple previously from Richmond, VA now living in Japan, since '09 (I think). Traveling extensively in Asia, as well
https://www.youtube.com/user/myargonauts/about Jason, a 40-something who has been teaching (part of the JET English teacher program) in Japan for many years. Orange County native, UCSD grad.

As for me, it's just some voice exercises. I love the art of vlogging, but I have neither the equipment, skill, nor reason to vlog. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcUsdTX...MnXamR1qrg
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I think the "art" of vlogging is really cool. Most of my favorite YouTubers daily vlog, which is really awesome to me. They make a decent living with their YouTube channels, and they bolster their audience with their vlogs. It's incredible that that is possible. The times!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I think this should be a thing.

Here's my contribution. I am thinking of making vlogs regularly. Comment and Thumbs up and Subscribe!

Yes! I love this idea. Good job Lucanus? Luchanus? (Smile) and Steel. I neeeed to see more of these. I know my man Rob will be down. I'll try to squeeze a few in when I can. I still have to do the question tag.

Anyhow, I'm 100% behind this. Come on peeps!

Oh and I love your land Steel. You gotta get some horses in that piece!
Duuude, nice accent! And props to you for that victory dance. Tongue

Now if I can get close to something resembling a digital camera... Dodgy My phone has a shitty resolution, but it's worth a try.
OK, so, about my moves: that's the drunken giraffe style. Straight out of Dr. Who.

I'm glad you guys like this idea! This is going to be a fun thread...
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

(April 4, 2015 at 10:17 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I think this should be a thing.

Here's my contribution. I am thinking of making vlogs regularly. Comment and Thumbs up and Subscribe!

It's Look-AH-noos! Tongue

Oh and by the way, Tennessee looks absolutely gorgeous! Now I want to go for a walk in the countryside too!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4076 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic