Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any philosophical anarchists here?
Any philosophical anarchists here?
Just wondering, or is everyone here an establishment loving democrat or republican?
RE: Any philosophical anarchists here?
If you want anarchy, move to a country with no government. Somalia didn't have one until a few years ago. It turned out great for them, except for all the murder, rape, torture...
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
I suppose that depends on which particular franchise of philosophical anarchism you mean.  I could never be an egoist, but I'm somewhat sympathetic to some of the more moderate forms of anarchism, notably that of Godwin.

That being said, I don't see anarchism as ever playing a major role in human political systems. 

(For the record, I'm an establishment-loving social democrat).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 5, 2015 at 6:05 pm)francismjenkins Wrote: Just wondering, or is everyone here an establishment loving democrat or republican?

Can't be since I'm not American. Don't think I would be if I was American unless I got brain amputated in the process.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Neither. I am in between both evil extremes.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
I've flirted with anarchism, philosophically, to the point of being a part of a few internet forums w/r/t it. In a perfect world, I'd defiantly go with an authority-less bottom up society. I guess the issue is that we don't live in a perfect world, and I can't figure out how anarchy could ever work.

Also, the anarchist community at large has a lot of issues. Lots of anti-intellectualism, as well as some seriously fucked up people. Also a lot of people who haven't given the issue a whole lot of thought. Oh, and from what I've been able to gather, a lot of anarchists are pro alternative medicine. And the whole punk rock purism thing, which excludes all other types of music.

The list continues, but I guess that's not a criticism of anarchy ideologically.
I was a member of anti-state.com's forums when I was about 13 or so. Then I grew up.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(April 5, 2015 at 6:05 pm)francismjenkins Wrote: Just wondering, or is everyone here an establishment loving democrat or republican?

Your dichotomy appears to assume that we are all US Americans...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 5, 2015 at 9:01 pm)Alex K Wrote:

Your dichotomy appears to assume that we are all US Americans...

My guess is that the "thought" process goes like this:
Are you an anarchist? If not, then you love "the establishment" (AKA "the man"/"them"). Also, everyone on the Internet is from the USA, and they're either a democrat or republican, no exceptions.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
I love me some establishment. Of course, our establishment over here has been slightly less disturbing than the one over there in recent decades
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any anti-feminists? Any feminists? ScienceAf 139 9468 November 14, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Any Other Anarchists Here? EgoRaptor 76 18464 January 28, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet