Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Website is Down (Tiberius Fucked Up)
The Website is Down (Tiberius Fucked Up)
Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to apologise for the site being down. I'm still looking into why it happened, though it seems for some reason the PHP process (part of the web server system) failed. Once I restarted this everything was working fine.

Secondly I'd like to apologise for not noticing this sooner. Not only did I not notice the site was down (having not used it in a few days), but I also didn't notice the emails people were sending me letting me know that the site was down. In other words, this was a massive fuck up on multiple levels and I feel pretty embarrassed by it.

Thirdly, I'd like to apologise for not implementing a proper procedure for protecting against this sort of thing, and it will be a matter of priority as of this point.

Moving on from the apologies, I'd like to thank everyone who tried to contact me; you had the right idea even though I am apparently a complete moron at checking emails. I'd also like to thank people at The Thinking Atheist forums, which apparently played a "refugee camp" role whilst we were offline.

I will endeavour to get some form of system in place to monitor the forum and alert me when it goes down, however for now, here are two ways of getting in contact:

Email: tiberius [at] atheistforums [dot] org

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/atheistforums

Again, my apologies, and welcome back to the forums.

- Tiberius
RE: The Website is Down (Tiberius Fucked Up)
We have a Facebook page???

Confusedhock:
No problem Tibs Smile Good work on getting it sorted. I consider it an honour not a right to be allowed to post on this forum.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Holy shit! I didn't know that either. Is this what people we're talking about when saying things like "Eh, we can still contact them on Fb"? I thought people were just friending each other.

Now to like the page without my family seeing..,
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hmmm... you should be taken out and slapped around the head with a wet fish Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I sent an inquiry to the twitter account, but apparently it hasn't been used since 2013.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
Glad you're back up.

It was fun having all of you over to TTA, you are all awesome guests, tidy and funny. Smile can't ask for more and fair lot better than the rejects we normally get Tongue
If you have to lie to bolster your argument, it’s time to rethink the validity of the argument.  
Thanks very much!

We appreciate you accomodating us Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Lol first thing I did was like that FB page. Had no idea. 

The gang over at TTA are awesome! Thanks for the kind words momsurroundedbyboys.  Smile
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(April 9, 2015 at 3:55 pm)momsurroundedbyboys Wrote: Glad you're back up.

It was fun having all of you over to TTA, you are all awesome guests, tidy and funny. Smile can't ask for more and fair lot better than the rejects we normally get Tongue

Hey, I'm loving my dual citizenship.  I fully intend to take up residence in both places.  Big Grin

Edit: And don't beat yourself up Tiberius, you do a fair bit better than I probably would.  Keep up the good work Sir!  Worship
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Interviews - Tiberius Tiberius 103 13949 November 19, 2016 at 10:07 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  LastPoet Steps Down Tiberius 45 7421 August 26, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Ryantology Steps Down Tiberius 13 3198 August 7, 2015 at 3:55 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Stepping Down Tiberius 55 8500 September 5, 2011 at 7:31 am
Last Post: Rayaan