Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random thought about Sam Harris's face.
Random thought about Sam Harris's face.
Sam Harris says some stuff that religious people don't like and he's famous, the result being that he gets death threats.

I was thinking, one thing he has on his side to help him avoid confrontations with assasins is that he looks SO dam generic looking.

I personally think he looks slightly like Adam Sandler, possibly a bit like Raymond from everybody loves raymond.  He's got one of those faces where I just think I've seen somewhere before but then maybe I haven't because his face just looks so non distinctive.  That is exacly what I thought when I did first see him, that he was from something else like a sit com or movie.

It's like if you could make a characters face on the sims and you set the characters lips, eyebrows, eyes, chin, hair, ears, stubble length, teeth and everthing else to standard or normal or average you would come up with Sam Harrises face.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Random thought about Sam Harris's face.
He looks like he could be related to the Survivor host. Ahh, yes, Jeff Probst.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I immediately thought of this old thread (probably cuz I started it Big Grin )
http://atheistforums.org/thread-30244-page-2.html
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Ohh, and I just saw Ben in a movie.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
He does have kind of a generic every-man face.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If my experiment works, he will do soon Thinking
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I always thought he looked like Ben Stiller, lol.  But you are right, he does look like all those other people too, very generic white European looking face.

[Image: ben-stiller.jpeg?w=676]
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(April 12, 2015 at 2:00 am)Aroura Wrote: I always thought he looked like Ben Stiller, lol.  But you are right, he does look like all those other people too, very generic white European looking face.

[Image: ben-stiller.jpeg?w=676]

I think that's actually the guy I was thinking of instead of adam sandler but this is exactly what I mean, there's probably loads of people who I could have said he looks like.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

LOL i am surprised that theists don't call him the devil incarnate.
Shit i gotta get black robe.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
He should take up a job with the secret service. It would be hard to identify him.

Evil foreign leader: "Someone just stole the plans."
Guard: "What does he look like?"
Evil foreign leader: " It was a white dude that looked like a lot of other white dudes."

Sam Harris could be the most successful spy in history

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Thoughts Foxaèr 10769 200840 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Ahriman
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 746 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  [Serious] A thought experiment... Gawdzilla Sama 12 956 October 22, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 1836 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  A Thought On Oral Sex BrianSoddingBoru4 28 1622 September 22, 2018 at 12:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A thought on hummus, actually. Mr.Obvious 24 978 September 19, 2018 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1117 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  A thought on Homosexuality Amarok 44 2701 September 19, 2018 at 1:47 am
Last Post: robvalue
  A thought on asexuality I_am_not_mafia 9 1069 September 18, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  A thought on heterosexuality Foxaèr 6 826 September 18, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia