Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dr. Pepper is Agnostic
Dr. Pepper is Agnostic
I was recently watching South Park, an episode where Kenny's parents were arrested so he had to got to foster care with a group of agnostics. All they had to drink was Dr. Pepper because it was the only agnostic beverage "neither cola nor root beer". I got a kick out of that and thought you guys might too.

http://youtu.be/JxDvjWTCmIY
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
RE: Dr. Pepper is Agnostic
I don't know if this is funny or not.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Haha I see what you did there. Clever bastard.
CHRISTIANITY: The belief that some cosmic Jewish Zombie can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Makes perfect sense.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
(April 14, 2015 at 11:40 am)DIRTY_DEEDS_93 Wrote: I was recently watching South Park, an episode where Kenny's parents were arrested so he had to got to foster care with a group of agnostics. All they had to drink was Dr. Pepper because it was the only agnostic beverage "neither cola nor root beer". I got a kick out of that and thought you guys might too.

http://youtu.be/JxDvjWTCmIY

I remember that episode. They were "fundamentalist atheists" who behaved like Christians and exposed the ridiculousness of treating atheism like a faith.

oh and root beer tastes of arse.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 14, 2015 at 12:34 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I remember that episode. They were "fundamentalist atheists" who behaved like Christians and exposed the ridiculousness of treating atheism like a faith.

No, they were fundamental agnostics that forced their kids to think that nothing could be known.  

It was a great episode.

The fundamental atheists episode was the one where Cartman is transported to the future and there were factions of atheists fighting over what to call themselves.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(April 14, 2015 at 12:52 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(April 14, 2015 at 12:34 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: I remember that episode. They were "fundamentalist atheists" who behaved like Christians and exposed the ridiculousness of treating atheism like a faith.

No, they were fundamental agnostics that forced their kids to think that nothing could be known.  

It was a great episode.

The fundamental atheists episode was the one where Cartman is transported to the future and there were factions of atheists fighting over what to call themselves.

That's right. I remembered it slightly wrong.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I liked SP better when Kenny died all the time . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 14, 2015 at 11:52 am)DIRTY_DEEDS_93 Wrote: Haha I see what you did there. Clever bastard.
Am I a clever bastard? I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. 
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(April 14, 2015 at 2:12 pm)Pizz-atheist Wrote:
(April 14, 2015 at 11:52 am)DIRTY_DEEDS_93 Wrote: Haha I see what you did there. Clever bastard.
Am I a clever bastard? I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. 

You could be. If you just believe.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(April 14, 2015 at 2:16 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(April 14, 2015 at 2:12 pm)Pizz-atheist Wrote: Am I a clever bastard? I'm not sure if I agree or disagree. 

You could be. If you just believe.
I don't know how to feel about this.