Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CloudFlare
CloudFlare
Just letting everyone know that I've set up the atheistforums.org domain on CloudFlare which should take over from our current DNS provider. CloudFlare offers a nice DNS management interface and also acts as an additional layer of security for the forums. It also caches static content which should speed up the site and put less strain on the web server (not that there's much strain at the moment, but it's always nice to have less).

Anyway, I'm confident that everything will go smoothly, however if anyone does notice any weird caching issues (e.g. new posts don't show up properly, unread icons don't change to read, etc. then please let me know.

- Tiberius
RE: CloudFlare
Great, thanks Tibs Smile Keep up the awesome work!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Thanks Tibs. Can I ask: is this what's causing the "X" through the lock and the slash through the "https" in my browser? It just started a little while ago, and I've never seen it do that before. I use Chrome.
(April 16, 2015 at 9:05 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Thanks Tibs.  Can I ask: is this what's causing the "X" through the lock and the slash through the "https" in my browser?  It just started a little while ago, and I've never seen it do that before.  I use Chrome.

Any chance you can click on the X and take a screenshot (a message should appear). I will be able to do more debugging if I have that info.
(April 16, 2015 at 9:10 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(April 16, 2015 at 9:05 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: Thanks Tibs.  Can I ask: is this what's causing the "X" through the lock and the slash through the "https" in my browser?  It just started a little while ago, and I've never seen it do that before.  I use Chrome.

Any chance you can click on the X and take a screenshot (a message should appear). I will be able to do more debugging if I have that info.

Sure!

[Image: screenshotfortiberius.jpg]
Odd, I'll look into it. Might be due to some of our cipher suites using SHA1 rather than SHA2.
If it helps, it looks normal now.
It seems so to me Tibs, It shows an exclamation point on firefox. It's in your court, you probably know tonnes more about this than I Big Grin

Good job with the cloudflare.
Are you considering updating the forums to XenoForo
(April 17, 2015 at 5:03 pm)Quatermass Wrote: Are you considering updating the forums to XenoForo

That wouldn't be an upgrade, that would be a migration to an entirely new (and unfamiliar) forum software.

Also, $140 a year for a license, plus $250 to remove branding? That's awful for something you can get for free.