Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adam and Eve's IQ
Adam and Eve's IQ
How smart was Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden?

Does god hold a mentally defective man to the same standards of a intelligent man?

What IQ do you need to have before god sends you to hell for not understanding his requirements?
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Adam and Eve's IQ
Adam had spent most of his very short life fucking lots of different animals. I doubt he had enough critical thinking to be adequately judged, even if he had a good IQ.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I think IQ was only invented after the fall, out of necessity because the sabretooths suddenly weren't vegetarian any more.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'd like a theist to try and defend this..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
You know how they have to raise the curve on an iq test every so many years because each generation is smarter than the previous generation? Dial that back 6,000 years for the creationist and what would constitute an average score back then would have to be equivalent to being able to take a shit without getting it on your leg! Loki saw the thread title and was intrigued. I think the Adam and Eve story is by far one of the stupidest things I've ever heard...
Yeah, right after God approvingly said of His handiwork that it was "Good", he must have looked at Adam
(both God and Adam being much less intelligent than anyone here) and thought-
"Oh well, he didn't turn out so good, but I guess we'll keep him anyway".

Now to brakeman's question:
We have no way of knowing the IQ of those who went before ourselves, except to examine what they built which has remained to our time, much of which we can't do today.

When we look at the Neanderthal skulls we see that we are less robust.
We see the degradation of the gene pool over time (getting bit in the tail by the 2nd Law).

The latest generation always flatters themselves to think we are so much sharper than those dullards who went before us.  A testament to pride always being foolishness.

Nobody ever got sent to hell for lack of understanding.
No one holds mentally deficient people to the same standard as others.
That includes God.
(April 17, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Brakeman Wrote: How smart was Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden?

Does god hold a mentally defective man to the same standards of a intelligent man?

What IQ do you need to have before god sends you to hell for not understanding his requirements?

According to the bible, the tree had the knowledge of good and evil so Adam didn't comprehend right and wrong in the way that we do. If there had been a real Adam, he would have been like a very young child. 
And a poorly socialized one at that
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

So the story is really about a dirty old man hanging around in a garden, leaving traps around for children in naked adults' bodies to fall into.

It makes more sense now.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hey now.  I believe the Adam and Eve story completely.  Have you ever talked to a christian?  They've got to be inbred!

(Mindful of the fact that I used to be "christian", we'll say the ones who didn't grow out of it)
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adam & Eve T.J. 4 1059 November 6, 2021 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Adam & Eve Myth - Origins Gwaithmir 125 13555 July 13, 2019 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3272 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 36793 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  Did Yahweh Set Adam Up? Rhondazvous 123 19422 May 2, 2015 at 9:05 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience? Greatest I am 82 17009 September 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  God's injustice towards Adam and Eve Ryantology 131 28387 August 29, 2014 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  20 ADAM AND EVE QUESTIONS PASTORS CANT ANSWER mumumugu 7 2562 August 18, 2014 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  Is Eve in Hell right now? Brakeman 110 23667 June 7, 2014 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Dear God, Eve what have you done? Belac Enrobso 92 26384 January 10, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Esquilax