Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
mustard seed
mustard seed
I know that there is a great debate burning in the minds of the world, about creation and the big bang, and all sorts of stuff regarding science and religion. luckily for me im one of the 'happy is he' crowd, although i am far from perfect and harbour the knowledge that only through grace can my sins be forgiven. i just know that God exists and that Jesus was his son, its a burning fire of truth within me, and a great sadness that Abraham would have sacrificed his son for God, making Gods love burn so fierce that he stopped Abraham. This fire of love then soured to temperatures of unimaginable levels when the Lord sent us his son Jesus as a sacrifice to us and we did just that sacrificed him to the spirit of our own weakness.
anyhow to the point of my post does anyone else think that this parable is the Lord Jesus describing the germination of the Creation seed (big bang) and the resulting universe that we now live in?

Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

I think the arrogance of our educated minds is in effect killing our souls.Thinking
RE: mustard seed
hmmmm did I get in before the ban hammer was dropped?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
lol whats the ban hammer?
It's all very well you claiming to "know". It doesn't do anything towards the validity of your claims. As for your question, I don't think Big Bang Theory can be properly represented by the growth of a tree. The two have absolutely nothing in common.
Quote:t is like a grain of mustard seed,

Speaking of which, why didn't your alleged god know that mustard seeds are not the smallest seeds?

You'd think that a god would have a better handle on such things.
well Jesus when he said this was talking to a fellow Jew who lived in a place where mabe the mustard seed was the smallest seed he knew. Also some scriptures say he was talking about herd seed not just any seed. Also the earliest reference to this parable come from over 1800 years ago so how can we even know what he meant botanically.
And if you think, 'why didnt the great God know everthing about the plants he created', well thats simple he was talking to a man over 1950 years ago. And well in the end he did tell him how to live forever which kind of puts botanical issues on side lines of knowledge.
Or, far more likely, the guy (just some poor shmuck...not a god) who invented the story did not know of a smaller seed and never dreamed that some scientist 1500 years later would show that he did not know what he was talking about.

How very odd that you seem to need to try to get god 'off on a technicality'? Are you a lawyer?
Just one question;

What is it that could have influenced you to believe anyone one here would give a shit about your interpretation of a bible tale?

The 'I just know' line of crap is just that. Crap. Do you seriously think just because you believe yourself to 'know' something that makes it so? You say it's true and the best you can come with to support your contention is "I just know."?!

Please, try again. If you find you cannot come up with a reasonable explaination of why you believe, then please, go away.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
(April 1, 2010 at 5:54 pm)divermike Wrote: I know that there is a great debate burning in the minds of the world, about creation and the big bang, and all sorts of stuff regarding science and religion. luckily for me im one of the 'happy is he' crowd, although i am far from perfect and harbour the knowledge that only through grace can my sins be forgiven. i just know that God exists and that Jesus was his son, its a burning fire of truth within me, and a great sadness that Abraham would have sacrificed his son for God, making Gods love burn so fierce that he stopped Abraham. This fire of love then soured to temperatures of unimaginable levels when the Lord sent us his son Jesus as a sacrifice to us and we did just that sacrificed him to the spirit of our own weakness.
anyhow to the point of my post does anyone else think that this parable is the Lord Jesus describing the germination of the Creation seed (big bang) and the resulting universe that we now live in?

Then said he, Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it?
It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

I think the arrogance of our educated minds is in effect killing our souls.Thinking

I have to say buddy that you're on a fast road to nowhere with posts like this.

You are right though, there is no nothing like an education for killing faith.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(April 1, 2010 at 5:54 pm)divermike Wrote: I think the arrogance of our educated minds is in effect killing our souls.Thinking

I think it's the arrogance of man that created this concept of god and he created the universe just for us. It's our educated minds that will free us from the violence and ignorance that spreads like a virus from that bible god.
binnyCoffee