Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I request a temp Ban for a month?
Can I request a temp Ban for a month?
It is obvious that I am headed on a path of being banned permanently so it is probably a good idea that I simply just take a break.  At some forums they have a "ban me" thread where one can request to be banned for a period of time.  Say you have finals or something so you request a 1 week ban.  I'd like a month ban please.

I feel like mods and former mods are trolling me and when I respond in kind. I get warned.  Here is an example:

(April 19, 2015 at 6:27 am)Heywood Wrote:
(April 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: I wish Heywood could have a vagina for a while, just so he could lay back and find out how "cumbersome" vaginal sex is when someone as idiotic as him is at the wheel.

Another no content post from a lying lizard.  You'd be more productive if you went back to your garden and ate some aphids.

I am not an idiot and she knows it. She doesn't like my views so she chooses to demonize me.  That pissed me off an in the heat of anger, I respond in kind.  Next time I log on, my warning level is increased.  Would have been nice to have gotten a PM as to why but I am pretty sure it was that exchange.

I can't win here, so perhaps it is just better to take a break and let things chill off.
RE: Can I request a temp Ban for a month?
Step 1: Scroll all the way to the top of the forum on any page
Step 2: Click on "Log Out"
There is no step 3.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
(April 19, 2015 at 3:07 pm)One Above All Wrote: Step 1: Scroll all the way to the top of the forum on any page
Step 2: Click on "Log Out"
There is no step 3.

That is a good suggestion.  I'm going to do that right now.  I would still like a temp ban though.  That way I can't get suckered into logging back on an inevitable troll posts is directed at me. 
You might take that month to do a little self-examination into your own trolling habits.

Just sayin'.
Interesting, Heywood, that you're trying to come off as a victim, when it is clear to everyone else who is in the wrong. Cthu's right; a little self-examination would do you well. Also, I won't be swinging the banhammer. The way I see it, a little self-discipline will probably help you.
Either go or don't. Nobody cares.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Wow. You played the reverse psychology card and it actually worked. :-)
Meh. We weren't planning on banning him, anyway.
Brain "Come on man, you gotta use reverse psychology!"

Me "Oh, it sounds too complicated."

Brain: "OK then, don't use reverse psychology."

Me: "Alright, I will!"
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
What an odd request from someone that is always droning on about personal responsibility.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another thread ban Huggy Bear 38 4015 April 25, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ban Amnesty? Jehanne 8 1502 June 10, 2022 at 7:57 am
Last Post: brewer
  Question regarding that heavy ban hammer Foxaèr 16 1872 July 28, 2020 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4801 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Request for a new report feature. Ravenshire 6 1096 May 6, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted MW85 11 2660 January 1, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2577 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  My ban Excited Penguin 20 3016 January 24, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Request: A sticky-ed thread for what we're reading Whateverist 11 1733 August 18, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  During next month BrokenQuill92 5 1930 March 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92