Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Country Music Awards
American Country Music Awards
So, I have a cold and I'm not moving too fast.
This evening I watched 60 minutes and, largely because I don't have the energy to switch channels and I thought a nice slow train wreck could lift my spirits, I left the tube on CBS.
This ACM awards is something new to me.   It is taking place in one of the Dallas football stadiums.  I don't keep track of those either.
But what I did notice was just how massively white the audience was.
It's in about 40 minutes and I've counted 9 persons of color.
Eight of them were tokens in the advertising.  The ninth looked like security to me. 
I'm still watching for my own education. 
The opening act looked to me SO much like Tap with a Texas accent and it looks like long hair is OK on white males.
Lots of cosmetic surgery.
They are probably 90+% convinced of their own infallibility.  Even in the face of the W experience where we lost a trillion dollars and 5 thousand young adults.
I never realized there were so many of them.  But I do see how and why they are welded into a functional mass.
I find these people scary and very NOT Minnesota (where I'm from.)
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
RE: American Country Music Awards
Quote:But what I did notice was just how massively white the audience was.

Much like NASCAR.
I only caught a bit of it when I first got home from work. One thing I am extremely proud of is that the band sang that song that recently got a great deal of bad publicity because it is considered by ignorant theists to be a gay song. Girl Crush.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 19, 2015 at 8:49 pm)JuliaL Wrote: But what I did notice was just how massively white the audience was.

That's because no person of another color would admit to being able to stand music like that. 
How many of these shows do they need? There's one on every month or so, it seems? There's the Academy of Country Music Awards, the CMT Awards, the CMA's, GAC has one... what the hell. Celebrate yourself, much?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
What are the winning criteria? Who had the most dogs die because the pickup truck done broke down?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 638 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2705 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1042 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2429 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  ISIS = American army WinterHold 116 8180 May 31, 2020 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus#2
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10464 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Music You're Listening To: SofaKingHigh 3266 148362 July 2, 2019 at 1:32 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 290 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3823 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3177 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K