Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accurate Horoscope.
Accurate Horoscope.
[Image: horoscope-for-the-week-stars-and-planets...ny-way.jpg]

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
RE: Accurate Horoscope.
Don't talk to me about the planets not influencing my life. The other day I walked along a path and looked upwards because Venus was shining brightly. So distracted, I stumbled over a rock, fell and grazed my hands and elbows. Damn planet.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 23, 2015 at 10:35 am)Alex K Wrote: Don't talk to me about the planets not influencing my life. The other day I walked along a path and looked upwards because Venus was shining brightly. So distracted, I stumbled over a rock, fell and grazed my hands and elbows. Damn planet.

I knew some smart ass would take it too literally.  Yes, the planets can influence your life if you look at them, but you know that the horoscope I posted above gives, to borrow an expression from Werner Herzog, the ecstatic truth even if it does not give the accountant's truth.

(April 23, 2015 at 10:40 am)Pyrrho Wrote:
(April 23, 2015 at 10:35 am)Alex K Wrote: Don't talk to me about the planets not influencing my life. The other day I walked along a path and looked upwards because Venus was shining brightly. So distracted, I stumbled over a rock, fell and grazed my hands and elbows. Damn planet.
I knew some smart ass would take it too literally.
But of course they would, it's the obvious thing absent any other ideas. Also, it really happened.
Quote: Yes, the planets can influence your life if you look at them, but you know that the horoscope I posted above gives, to borrow an expression from Werner Herzog, the ecstatic truth even if it does not give the accountant's truth.
Haha, that sounds like Herzog indeed. When you write it I even hear it in his funny German accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPaDD9dXkhU
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Werner Herzog is one of my favorite directors.  He also seems like a really smart guy.  Most of the time, when I start watching a movie with commentary, I stop because the commentators just say a lot of drivel.  But with a Herzog film, they tend to be as interesting with the commentary as they are with the ordinary soundtrack.

Above snipped is of course from a parody he did with Zak Penn, but he plays himself rather convincingly.

Omg, better go cancel all of my plans for the next week, brb
(April 23, 2015 at 10:52 am)Alex K Wrote: Above snipped is of course from a parody he did with Zak Penn, but he plays himself rather convincingly.

Yes, I saw it when it came out, and it might have been one of the times I saw him speak before or after one of his films was projected.  He is very interesting in person, as well as on commentary tracks on DVDs.  If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, I recommend that you take advantage of the opportunity.  I also have the DVD of Incident at Loch Ness.  It is good, though not one of the films that Herzog directed (Zak Penn directed it).  But every film that Herzog touches is interesting, at least among the couple dozen of his films that I have seen.

Probably my favorite Herzog film is Little Dieter Needs to Fly.  I think my wife's favorite Herzog film is Grizzly Man, which is also quite fascinating.  I suppose I should also mention Aguirre, the Wrath of God, since it is probably his most famous film, and is, of course, quite interesting.  I am glad I was not an actor in that film, rafting down some tributary of the Amazon River while wearing armor.  His Nosferatu the Vampyre is one of the creepiest vampire films, much better than most such films.

I think Herzog is one of the greatest directors ever.  His films reward repeated viewing, unlike most films.

My horoscope for today says I have bad Karma.

Fuck!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 23, 2015 at 11:49 am)Pyrrho Wrote:
(April 23, 2015 at 10:52 am)Alex K Wrote: Above snipped is of course from a parody he did with Zak Penn, but he plays himself rather convincingly.

Yes, I saw it when it came out, and it might have been one of the times I saw him speak before or after one of his films was projected.  He is very interesting in person, as well as on commentary tracks on DVDs.  If you ever get a chance to hear him speak, I recommend that you take advantage of the opportunity.  I also have the DVD of Incident at Loch Ness.  It is good, though not one of the films that Herzog directed (Zak Penn directed it).  But every film that Herzog touches is interesting, at least among the couple dozen of his films that I have seen.

Probably my favorite Herzog film is Little Dieter Needs to Fly.  I think my wife's favorite Herzog film is Grizzly Man, which is also quite fascinating.  I suppose I should also mention Aguirre, the Wrath of God, since it is probably his most famous film, and is, of course, quite interesting.  I am glad I was not an actor in that film, rafting down some tributary of the Amazon River while wearing armor.  His Nosferatu the Vampyre is one of the creepiest vampire films, much better than most such films.

I think Herzog is one of the greatest directors ever.  His films reward repeated viewing, unlike most films.

I love Herzog's films too.  And -- oh! -- to have been a fly on the wall while he and Klaus Kinski went at it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe in horoscope when it comes to couple compatibility'? WinterHold 39 5461 January 20, 2020 at 9:14 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir