Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:54 am

Poll: How would/will you vote in 2016 U.S. presidential election?
This poll is closed.
Oh, I'll vote alright. But only for an anti-liberal Republican. Government belongs in your bedroom, not your cash register.
0%
0 0%
Oh, I'll vote alright for whoever wins the Democratic nomination. I'm a realist who embraces incremental change by necessity.
45.71%
16 45.71%
Oh, I'll vote alright, but definitely not for one of the major parties. No progress is possible without changing the paradigm.
0%
0 0%
Oh, I'll vote alright, for the person I think will best lead the country regardless of party affiliation.
28.57%
10 28.57%
No way. It doesn't do any good. I never get my way. Waaaahh.
0%
0 0%
No way. Anarchy forever. Bring down the machine.
2.86%
1 2.86%
No way. I ignore politics altogether and try to live a simple, local and real life.
2.86%
1 2.86%
I don't know.
5.71%
2 5.71%
What's an election?
0%
0 0%
Other goddammit, o-t-h-e-r!. Stupid polls never include my preference!
14.29%
5 14.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election?
If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election?
Have been following the 2016 Elections thread and was curious to see what a poll would reveal.

I put a limit of two choices per person and they are public.  The choices are:

1)  Oh, I'll vote alright.  But only for an anti-liberal Republican.  Government belongs in your bedroom, not your cash register.

2)  Oh, I'll vote alright for whoever wins the Democratic nomination.  I'm a realist who embraces incremental change by necessity.

3)  Oh, I'll vote alright, but definitely not for one of the major parties.  No progress is possible without changing the paradigm.

4)  Oh, I'll vote alright, for the person I think will best lead the country regardless of party affiliation.

5)  No way.  It doesn't do any good.  I never get my way.  Waaaahh.

6)  No way.  Anarchy forever.  Bring down the machine.

7)  No way.  I ignore politics altogether and try to live a simple, local and real life.

8)  I don't know.

9)  What's an election?

10)  Other goddammit.  Stupid polls never include my preference!
RE: If you were or are a Murican, how would you vote in the 2016 election?
I'm a Merk from Sandy Eggo, and as an Independent, I voted "Oh, I'll vote alright, for the person I think will best lead the country regardless of party affiliation". However, that has always meant D for me. As much as I desire viable third parties, there really aren't any. And often times, voting third party winds up best for the main party you don't want.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
So far I hope Elizabeth warren gets the democratic spot, because she seems to be a good candidate. I heard about her through Secular Talk.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 23, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chad32 Wrote: So far I hope Elizabeth warren gets the democratic spot, because she seems to be a good candidate. I heard about her through Secular Talk.

How seriously can we take her denial that she is going to run?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I used to be an American, but they realised my documents were fake
Like you C172, I end up voting Democrat because we are more aligned than Republicans.  The only problem is that it looks like Hilary is the heir apparent to the Democratic throne.  She is just another corporate shill that will cater to her donors (finance, oil, defense...).  Even if Warren runs she won't get the big money because she pisses them all off, all the more reason to vote for her.  I am however a realist.  I will probably plug my nose and vote Hilary if she is my option against any of the retarded right.
On Secular Talk, Kyle mentioned how the wealthy think Elizabeth is the devil, but they're not concerned about Hilary even though she started saying similar things to Elizabeth. Unfortunately it's likely they'll throw loads of cash at Hilary, and without adequate funds Elizabeth stands a slimmer chance. Really if the system isn't changed, there's not much point in voting. The ones who aren't corrupt won't be able to compete with the ones who are.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I'm a conscientious objector. Elections are own by whoever spends the most money, and once a politician is in their vote goes to whoever donates the most money to their campaign.

If government is rule by whoever has the biggest stick I won't pretend that it's a functioning republic, and I won't help them pretend either.
"I'm a realist who embraces incremental change by necessity."

Incremental change to the right....that's what the realist in me says. That's why I voted for Jill Stein in the last election. Jimmy Carter was the last Democrat President that I could say acted like a liberal.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 23, 2015 at 12:36 pm)Alex K Wrote:
(April 23, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Chad32 Wrote: So far I hope Elizabeth warren gets the democratic spot, because she seems to be a good candidate. I heard about her through Secular Talk.

How seriously can we take her denial that she is going to run?

I don't have any inside information, so feel free to ignore this.  She seems pretty serious about not running.  My guess is that she thinks that she will not beat Clinton for the Democratic nomination, and so she does not want to waste her time attempting something that isn't going to succeed.  As things are, her position in the Senate seems solid.  So she seems to have decided that it is better to do what she can in the Senate, than to run a campaign that she does not expect to win.  Just my guess, so feel free to ignore it if you wish.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 48834 46 minutes ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Earning the Vote FrustratedFool 111 4432 November 9, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4804 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Bacha Bazi: how poor Afghani boys were raped. WinterHold 76 5674 December 29, 2022 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1448 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Would you vote for a Scientologist? Fake Messiah 19 944 March 14, 2021 at 12:53 pm
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7782 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 791 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5342 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Lincoln Project/Vote Vets ad, featuring Sully..... Brian37 18 1335 September 30, 2020 at 3:58 am
Last Post: Sal