Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time to dig java a grave
time to dig java a grave
Google and Microsoft are no longer supporting the Java API on their platforms.
It is a good decision considering how insecure java is and always with the constant updates. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: time to dig java a grave
Does this have anything to do with Google's decision to stop search results for sites that don't have a mobile version? I have no idea of this is a dumb question.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(April 25, 2015 at 12:06 am)dyresand Wrote: Google and Microsoft are no longer supporting the Java API on their platforms.
It is a good decision considering how insecure java is and always with the constant updates. 

I think you may be confusing Java the language and runtime environment and the Java browser plugin.

The former is fine and not going anywhere.  The latter needs to die in a fire anyway.
(April 25, 2015 at 12:09 am)Exian Wrote: Does this have anything to do with Google's decision to stop search results for sites that don't have a mobile version?

Google is doing that? That's fucked.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I thought that is just for the insecure applet plugin in browsers
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(April 25, 2015 at 12:12 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(April 25, 2015 at 12:06 am)dyresand Wrote: Google and Microsoft are no longer supporting the Java API on their platforms.

I think you may be confusing Java the language and runtime environment and the Java browser plugin.

The former is fine and not going anywhere.  The latter needs to die in a fire anyway.

Phew! That's my livelihood you're talking about, don't scare me like that.  Tongue
"Faith is a state of openness or trust. To have faith is like when you trust yourself to the water. You don't grab hold of the water when you swim, because if you do you will become stiff and tight in the water, and sink. You have to relax, and the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging, and holding on. In other words, a person who is fanatic in matters of religion, and clings to certain ideas about the nature of God and the universe becomes a person who has no faith at all. Instead they are holding tight. But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be."

Alan Watts
(April 25, 2015 at 10:59 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: I thought that is just for the insecure applet plugin in browsers

It is.
Java applet is now dead rejoice because #Net is superior

(April 25, 2015 at 11:20 am)Razzle Wrote:
(April 25, 2015 at 12:12 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I think you may be confusing Java the language and runtime environment and the Java browser plugin.

Phew! That's my livelihood you're talking about, don't scare me like that.  Tongue

Java applet is dead.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(April 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm)dyresand Wrote: Java applet is now dead rejoice because #Net is superior

Except that #Net only runs on Windows.

I try to avoid Windows where possible.
(April 25, 2015 at 5:01 pm)dyresand Wrote: Java applet is now dead rejoice because #Net is superior

That's kind of like saying that dog shit smells better than pig shit.

Browser-side arbitrary code execution is a terribly evil thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  .NET vs JAVA Marsellus Wallace 28 5684 March 30, 2015 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: bennyboy