Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgendered children
Transgendered children
Opinions? I find this disturbing in many ways and quite frankly don't know what to think about it. Tell me what you think.

Quote:The little boy who started a sex change aged eight because he (and his lesbian parents) knew he always wanted to be a girl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tment.html
RE: Transgendered children
Children should be protected from nutty parents.....no matter what their particular obsession is.
Why do you find it disturbing? The kid was diagnosed by a doctor who studies it with Gender Identity Disorder. This is more reasonable than almost anything I can think of. They are delaying puberty until the kid is older so she can make a decision about moving forward at that time.

I'm not sure what's so controversial here.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Be aware that the Daily Mail is the UK equivalent of fox 'news' so the way they word it "(and his lesbian parents)" is intended to throw doubt on the child's true gender identity and lay the blame on lesbians.

Also be aware that most trangendered children know by that age that they the gender they feel does not match with their physical gender, or at the very least that something is seriously wrong. And if they go through puberty then they will have a much harder life as a result. Waiting until after puberty before doing anything leads to a massively increased chance of suicide later on.

(April 25, 2015 at 7:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Children should be protected from nutty parents.....no matter what their particular obsession is.

The parents are nutty for being lesbians?
I've gone through a lot of training about this, and I've done even more reading up on it since my training, and I have no doubt that hormone blockers for an eleven-year-old are the best way to go when they were born the "wrong" sex.
(April 25, 2015 at 8:00 pm)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: Be aware that the Daily Mail is the UK equivalent of fox 'news' so the way they word it "(and his lesbian parents)" is intended to throw doubt on the child's true gender identity and lay the blame on lesbians.

Also be aware that most trangendered children know by that age that they the gender they feel does not match with their physical gender, or at the very least that something is seriously wrong. And if they go through puberty then they will have a much harder life as a result. Waiting until after puberty before doing anything leads to a massively increased chance of suicide later on.

(April 25, 2015 at 7:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Children should be protected from nutty parents.....no matter what their particular obsession is.

To inflict this on an 8 year old?  "Nutty" works for me.  I could find other words that were even less polite if you'd like.
(April 25, 2015 at 8:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 25, 2015 at 8:00 pm)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: Be aware that the Daily Mail is the UK equivalent of fox 'news' so the way they word it "(and his lesbian parents)" is intended to throw doubt on the child's true gender identity and lay the blame on lesbians.

To inflict this on an 8 year old?  "Nutty" works for me.  I could find other words that were even less polite if you'd like.
Why are you a doctor? No? Then  Razz to you.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(April 25, 2015 at 8:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(April 25, 2015 at 8:00 pm)I_am_not_mafia Wrote: The parents are nutty for being lesbians?

You're assuming that they inflicted it upon the 8 year old. If you had lesbian parents then would you have grown up knowing in the very fibre of your being that you were a girl?
I don't think little kids know much about what they are at a young age. I wouldn't want that kind of thing done to a small child. I'm no psychiatrist or anything, or how you'd even go abut figuring out if a kid really sees themself as another gender, or if they're just going through a faze. I'd rather they be given more time to figure out who they are before you change their body to something they may not be happy with in the future.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 25, 2015 at 8:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: To inflict this on an 8 year old?  "Nutty" works for me.  I could find other words that were even less polite if you'd like.

To inflict what, exactly? They aren't inflicting anything on her. She has a condition called Gender Identity Disorder. She was born physically male and mentally female. This is a condition recognized by the DSM-V. It has been studied, and because of the advancement of society, is being de-stigmatized. They are allowing her to express her true self, and make a bigger decision about surgery as a 14-15 year old by delaying puberty so she will have a more complete transition if she so chooses.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Children visiting Grandma rejoice John V 19 2195 July 31, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: John V
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2543 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4514 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The horrifying brutality of prenatal confinement of children. Gawdzilla Sama 14 2025 January 19, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Children WinterHold 23 2181 December 2, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Desire to have children Interaktive 10 2088 July 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Children not getting breakfast robvalue 32 4408 January 12, 2017 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Incest and children. IanHulett 32 5507 July 5, 2016 at 8:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What do your children like? ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 3 1080 July 26, 2015 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Artificial Children? KUSA 31 6347 June 27, 2015 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: dyresand