Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE
Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE
This is a Jew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgWxUipUYjA
And this is a Jew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zBzb9xEYjw
RE: Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jews

Quote:In an ethnic sense, an Ashkenazi Jew is one whose ancestry can be traced to the Jews who settled in Central Europe. For roughly a thousand years, the Ashkenazim were a reproductively isolated population in Europe, despite living in many countries, with little inflow or outflow from migration, conversion, or intermarriage with other groups, including other Jews. Human geneticists have argued that genetic variations have been identified that show high frequencies among Ashkenazi Jews, but not in the general European population, be they for patrilineal markers (Y-chromosome haplotypes) and for matrilineal markers (mitotypes).[92] However, a 2013 study of Ashkenazi mitochondrial DNA, from the University of Huddersfield in England, suggests that at least 80 percent of the Ashkenazi maternal lineages derive from the assimilation of mtDNAs indigenous to Europe, probably as a consequence of conversion.[93]

Since the middle of the 20th century, many Ashkenazi Jews have intermarried, both with members of other Jewish communities and with people of other nations and faiths, while some Jews have also adopted children from other ethnic groups or from other parts of the world and have raised them as Jews. Conversion to Judaism, rare for nearly 2,000 years, has become more common.[94]

A 2006 study found Ashkenazi Jews to be a clear, homogeneous genetic subgroup. Strikingly, regardless of the place of origin, Ashkenazi Jews can be grouped in the same genetic cohort – that is, regardless of whether an Ashkenazi Jew's ancestors came from Poland, Russia, Hungary, Lithuania, or any other place with a historical Jewish population, they belong to the same ethnic group. The research demonstrates the endogamy of the Jewish population in Europe and lends further credence to the idea of Ashkenazi Jews as an ethnic group. Moreover, though intermarriage among Jews of Ashkenazi descent has become increasingly common, many Haredi Jews, particularly members of Hasidic or Hareidi sects, continue to marry exclusively fellow Ashkenazi Jews. This trend keeps Ashkenazi genes prevalent and also helps researchers further study the genes of Ashkenazi Jews with relative ease. It is noteworthy that these Haredi Jews often have extremely large families.

Sorry Brian. I know you want to criticize Jews, and feel free to do so, but that doesn't erase the fact they are a racial group as much as whites, blacks and asians.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

No stop it, Jew is a religion not a race Just
This is a Muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQc2ic8Wfo

And this is a Muslim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGGnG3lvKIg

I WAS limited to the videos I could put in one post, I AM NOT SINGLING OUT JEWS.
So what about you refute my wiki quote (which has references to sources so it's not like it's an invalid source)? Why should Jews be any less racial group than whites? Whites wouldn't be a racial group if they hadn't discovered blacks and needed to feel superior
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I know Ashkenazi Jews who are atheists.

What does that make them?
'Race' is only a colloquial term to begin with and has little to no meaning scientifically

Ethnic group would be more accurate

In my native tongue, names for believers are spelled with a lower case letter and names for ethnicities with a capital letter, so Jew means a Jew ethnically and jew religiously
Brian, I am white according to the social concept of race, people in Germany are way blonder, whiter and taller than me - They're also white. Slavs are different than western Europeans, but they are white. Members of ethnic groups are diverse. I'm sure you can find maybe 100 (or 1000?) black/african ethnic groups. the fact some Jews are different is irrelevant.

(April 27, 2015 at 4:55 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: 'Race' is only a colloquial term to begin with and has little to no meaning scientifically

Ethnic group would be more accurate

In my native tongue, names for believers are spelled with a lower case letter and names for ethnicities with a capital letters, so Jew means a Jew ethnically and jew religiously

NO damn it I am tired of this crap.

Our skin tones and facial features are genetic. Everything else are labels we hide behind. Trace all humans back far enough and WE ARE ALL RELATED.

"Jew" is a religion and "Islam" is a religion and "Buddhist" is ALSO a religion. 

Religion is what creates racism. 
(April 27, 2015 at 5:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: NO damn it I am tired of this crap.

Our skin tones and facial features are genetic. Everything else are labels we hide behind. Trace all humans back far enough and WE ARE ALL RELATED.

"Jew" is a religion and "Islam" is a religion and "Buddhist" is ALSO a religion. 

Religion is what creates racism. 

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean

Are you disagreeing or agreeing that race is only colloquial? Or are you saying Jews aren't an ethnicity?
(April 27, 2015 at 5:05 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Trace all humans back far enough and WE ARE ALL RELATED.

True, but that doesn't negate the fact that since then, humans have diversified into different "races" or "ethnic groups", whichever term you prefer. To deny that humans who have lived in entirely different habitats for thousands of years haven't evolved into distinct sub-groups is to deny some basic facts about evolution.

Race is not just about skin tones and facial features. It goes further, for example the fact that vastly more people in Asian / African countries are lactose intolerant when compared to European countries is explained by race.

You also seem to confuse the two meanings of the word "Jew". A "Jew" is either someone who is a descendant of the ancient Israelites, or a person who follows the religion of Judaism (and can be both).

You are correct concerning the term "Muslim" though. There is no "Muslim" race.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1774 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2348 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1852 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2781 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3487 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11138 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3737 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10877 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12865 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 602 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37