Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logo Competition
Logo Competition
We've had our current logo for quite a while now, and the staff agree it's time for a change. Instead of having one of us do it, we've decided to have a competition for our most creative members. The winner's design will be featured on the site, and also on merchandise which we are planning to sell in order to help support the site. The winner will also receive their choice of merchandise free of charge.

Note that in order to win this competition you will have to give us the full license the use your work both on the site and as part of any merchandise that we create. In return we would be happy to feature your name and a link to your site / portfolio if you have one in the footer of the website.

The rules are as follows:
  1. The logo you create must be able to replace our current logo (https://atheistforums.org/images/af/headbg-new.png) and fit in with the general look of the site. We understand that our logo is an overlay of a star themed background image (https://atheistforums.org/images/af/bg.jpg) and we are happy to accept logos which are designed to overlay this background image, or that come with a separate background image for us to use. If you choose to do a design which comes with a separate background image, the stipulation about licensing also applies to that background image.
  2. The logo must contain the words "Atheist Forums", in that order. Capitalisation can either be done as Camel Case, or All Caps. The space between the words "Atheist" and "Forums" can be replaced by an image of some kind if you wish (i.e. how it currently appears in our logo). No other words are allowed.
  3. The logo does not have to be in any particular theme, but it should go well with the site theme colors (dark blue). Just because we currently have a space themed logo doesn't mean we are looking for a space themed logo to replace it.
  4. The size of the logo is entirely up to you; we aren't going to give specific requirements, though it goes without saying that it should be large enough to look good without causing people's browsers to stretch, and shouldn't be too small either.
  5. For the logo itself, a PNG format is required. If a background image design is included, this can either be PNG or JPG.
  6. The winning design will be chosen by the staff, based on its compliance with the above stated rules, and which design we feel looks the best for the community.
Designs should be uploaded to an image upload site which does not alter the quality (I recommend imgur.com) and links to the designs sent to myself in a PM with the subject "Logo Design Competition Entry". The deadline for entries is 31st May 2015.

Good luck!

Tiberius
RE: Logo Competition
If I could draw I would totally be in on this ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
hmm sounds fun... I'll try to come up with something
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Lego competition! Finally something I'm good at! I'll get my... oh.

I'm sure someone will come up with something amazing Smile Sadly this is one of my many non-talents.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Jesus on the cross upside down, with an elephants trunk up (well, down in that orientation) his (holy) ass and the elephant is trumpeting the call of atheism ??

(we'll need a really good artist to convey all that nuance)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 30, 2015 at 9:11 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Jesus on the cross upside down, with an elephants trunk up (well, down in that orientation) his (holy) ass and the elephant is trumpeting the call of atheism ??

(we'll need a really good artist to convey all that nuance)

There is definitely a lot going on there...but I wouldn't even be mad to see that.
wish I were an artist, I would do a noah's ark theme   Angel
I'm no artist; my manual dexterity has been compromised by my disability. But if I may, I'd urge whoever participates to add a ".org" to the new logo, just to distinguish us from that other site (that I came here from).

I'd buy a tee. Cool idea.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
this is one of those moments where i wish i had photoshop skills...
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Wish I had a pic of an elephant . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 4273 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016! Tiberius 13 3054 December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive