Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 1:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Tattoos
Religious Tattoos
Who has them? When i was young <20 years, I got myself my first two tattoos. A maltese cross on my right shoulder, and a traditional gothic styled cross on my left. They are reaching the point where a touchup may be in order. Considering my lack of belief in all that nonsense, it's interesting that these will be with me for life. (Barring a traumatic double amputation Undecided)

I consider them now much the same I would a scar. A memory of something painful that is over now. I just don't know if I'm going to get them touched up, or possibly covered up.

Anybody in a similar situation?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: Religious Tattoos
Tattoos are cool, but get that needle away from me

you could cover them up with something cool and not religion related
If you like the way they look (religion aside), then I see nothing wrong with them. I actually like how you likened them to scars.

But if you do consider getting them covered, then actually think very hard on what would work without making them look stupid. Hell, I think it would be cool to let them fade a little bit and then have a tattoo artist add touch-ups along the outline and make it look as if they are being wiped away from your arms, or even slowly deteriorating. That's just a thought.
I never got one, but I always found it funny. You're not supposed to get a tattoo because your body is a temple. But temples are always decorated with statues and paintings. Seems hypocritical. Then again, you have cotholic priests living in palaces, despite Jesus being very anti wealth. 
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I still consider getting an atheism related tattoo from time to time. I struggle with the hypocrisy of making a permanent statement like that when I say that I am open to new evidence changing my mind. I just don't expect any to come.

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I think that middle one looks pretty awesome SC. Part of me really wants a tattoo, but I have never been able to work up the courage to get it done.
I personally don't like tattoos... And I can't even begin to imagine the pain  Faints 

I don't think I would consider getting one, unless if it was very small truly meaningful. The problem for me is that I change my mind a lot. I'm very inconsistent. I don't think there's anything I would seriously consider meaningful enough in my life to get a tattoo off, unfortunately  Tongue
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
There are a few things that are meaningul enough for me to consider it, but I am no fan of pain. I know that most will say that no one is a fan of pain, but my fear is that I will feel the pain and twitch or jerk, causing the artist to make a mistake that will last my lifetime.
(May 5, 2015 at 4:25 pm)Jericho Wrote: I think that middle one looks pretty awesome SC.  Part of me really wants a tattoo, but I have never been able to work up the courage to get it done.

Oddly enough I actually enjoy getting a tattoo. I have a total of five: Maltese cross right shoulder, cross left shoulder, "Veni Vidi Vici" on my left forearm underside, and a KA Bar model 1212 down the outside of my right leg. The wife recently expressed her desire to begin a sleeve. 

If it weren't for my regular donating of plasma I'd have more  Tongue
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(May 5, 2015 at 4:38 pm)Jericho Wrote: There are a few things that are meaningul enough for me to consider it, but I am no fan of pain.  I know that most will say that no one is a fan of pain, but my fear is that I will feel the pain and twitch or jerk, causing the artist to make a mistake that will last my lifetime.

I can see how that would be a problem  Big Grin

But these meaningful things - are you 100% sure they're going to be meaningful throughout all your live? All the way to your deathbed?

I used to think god was that meaningful thing for me, and now look at where I am  Tongue
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12796 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Anyone have any Atheist Tattoos?? Jonjames505 15 9793 April 10, 2013 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Faith No More