Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:34 pm

Poll: What color should donator usernames be?
This poll is closed.
Bring purple back!
70.00%
14 70.00%
The gold is good!
20.00%
4 20.00%
I demand a new color!
10.00%
2 10.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donation Changes
Donation Changes
This is just a small announcement to let users know that we've officially scrapped the multi-tier donation groups (i.e. Gold, Silver, Bronze donators). From now on, all users who donate to the forums will be placed in the "Donators" group, and the gold donator badge will be applied to all of them. This action is retroactive, so everyone who has donated to the forums will now be in the "Donators" group (if you aren't, please PM me).

I've also changed the color scheme of the display username if you choose to use it from the old purple to a gold color, which matches the badge. I think it looks better, but if people really prefer the old purple color I will change it back or see if I can make it a choice.

Additionally, users who donate to the forums will always remain in the donators group, rather than as an annual thing. Originally the membership was annual to encourage people to donate more than once, however most people seem to do this anyway, and the amount of money needed to fund the site has dropped significantly since our move to the cloud.

Thanks,

Tiberius
RE: Donation Changes
Ahhh, that explains my remark on a previous post. Took getting used to, but I think it's more logical than purple.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Gold color? That looks like mustard.

I'm so sorry but I couldn't resist.
#pleasebringbackthepurple
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
yeah, i miss the purple too. but then again, if purple replaces gold, the conventional tier system(gold-silver-bronze) will be a bit pointless.

how about,.... (purple,sky blue, pink) ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(May 6, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: yeah, i miss the purple too. but then again, if purple replaces gold, the conventional tier system(gold-silver-bronze) will be a bit pointless.

I was thinking of making a donation, but now I must refrain if my username will be butchered by this dreadful yellow  Tongue

And I second this motion Big Grin
[Image: tumblr_m2vsmhTfM41qa1e2io1_r1_500.gif]
Gee, Tibs, take a page from the christers, set up an auto-pay tithing system.  Bleed 'em and bleed 'em again.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 6, 2015 at 2:07 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: yeah, i miss the purple too. but then again, if purple replaces gold, the conventional tier system(gold-silver-bronze) will be a bit pointless.

We've removed the tier system completely. There are no gold / silver / bronze levels anymore. It's all one group.
Well, I like that there have been some updates about the status overall.

But (there is always a 'but'), I did prefer purple. Just being honest. Big Grin
Please no purple is such a cute colour Sad
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(May 6, 2015 at 1:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: This action is retroactive, so everyone who has donated to the forums will now be in the "Donators" group (if you aren't, please PM me).

Do you mean like... ever? Or just in the last year?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staff Changes BrianSoddingBoru4 32 6419 November 23, 2020 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
Exclamation Forum Changes and Additions Fidel_Castronaut 14 6126 August 31, 2016 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Rule Changes + New Restrictions Tiberius 205 41045 November 29, 2013 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Donation Statistics Tiberius 17 5699 May 14, 2013 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  New Donation Groups Tiberius 62 16569 January 20, 2013 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Preaching Rule Changes & Punishment Updates Tiberius 15 7376 October 25, 2012 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Donation Updates Tiberius 14 6553 March 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Forum Migration, Changes, and Other Stuff Tiberius 6 3163 February 27, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Donation Updates Tiberius 5 4725 January 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Donation Drive 2011!!! Tiberius 20 14473 April 28, 2011 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah