Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Said This All Along
I've Said This All Along
Our very existence terrifies the piss out of the god buggerers.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/study-pe...-finality/

Quote:Study: People don’t like atheists because they serve as a grim reminder of death’s finality

Quote: Atheists are disliked because they pose a fundamental threat to the worldview of religious people, a worldview that helps them mitigate “the potential terror arising from the uniquely human awareness of death.”

Fuck 'em.  Grow up.
RE: I've Said This All Along
Sure, makes perfect sense. It's the same reason why I hate poor people. Unless I can give them some charity to make myself feel better.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

How do atheists pose a threat? If a theist is so sure there's an afterlife, what does the opinion of an atheist matter? It seems like they aren't interested in reality and don't want to be reminded of it.

Anyhow, you can be atheist and still believe in an afterlife so that's bollocks.

People don't like atheists because they have no rational defense for their beliefs, and/or they don't understand what atheism is. They have to do everything for their god, I guess they have to be afraid on his behalf as well.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 6, 2015 at 3:22 pm)robvalue Wrote: It seems like they aren't interested in reality and don't want to be reminded of it.

Hmmm.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 6, 2015 at 3:22 pm)robvalue Wrote: How do atheists pose a threat? If a theist is so sure there's an afterlife, what does the opinion of an atheist matter? It seems like they aren't interested in reality and don't want to be reminded of it.

Anyhow, you can be atheist and still believe in an afterlife so that's bollocks.

People don't like atheists because they have no rational defense for their beliefs, and/or they don't understand what atheism is. They have to do everything for their god, I guess they have to be afraid on his behalf as well.

The threat is to the delicate core of a world view based on fairy tales.  Even fucking idiots use evidence in daily lives.  We're like the little fuckers in grade 1 who tell your kids there's no Santa, and so they secretly get up at midnight and catch "Santa" banging the wife on the kitchen table.  Hilarity, and years of counseling, are likely to ensue.
Christians spend much time "strengthening" their faith, an activity that suggests it's in continuous need of shoring up by contact with fellow believers. Atheists don't help with the shoring up part.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
This just in; deluded idiots are terrified of reality.
More as we get it Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Quote:How do atheists pose a threat?

WE show that it is possible to exist without paying attention to their horseshit.

Idiots find that very threatening.
Also, religion has these people by the balls. That angers them because they see people that don't waste their time praying and worshipping, and they're pissed that their god isn't cursing their every breath.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(May 6, 2015 at 2:41 pm)Alex K Wrote: Sure, makes perfect sense. It's the same reason why I hate poor people. Unless I can give them some charity to make myself feel better.

Same reason I hate smart people, they remind me of how slow I am