Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of our Own Embarasses Us
One of our Own Embarasses Us
An atheist college professor in Florida violates church-state separation big time. People like this give us the bad name we have.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/student...vi-BBjl3jV

Edit: read the whole thread. What is claimed in the video is probably BS. I got taken in by Fox.  Angry
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: One of our Own Embarasses Us
Wait, professors like that actually exist? I always thought it was a boogeyman created by theists. Wow.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
What a dick.
I don't even consider him to be one of 'our own'...I'm not really a part of any 'us' when it comes to atheists anymore than I feel linked to any given American just because we were born on the same piece of turf.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
That's one more step we have to take...
(May 7, 2015 at 11:00 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I don't even consider him to be one of 'our own'...I'm not really a part of any 'us' when it comes to atheists anymore than I feel linked to any given American just because we were born on the same piece of turf.

True, but guys like this just enforce stereotypes that dumb fuck theists already have of atheists.
If those dumb fuck theists are looking for an atheist strawman, I'd wager they'll go straight to Stalin instead of some dick professor in Flroida. It's inconsequential to me.
- Thomas Jefferson
So one guy actually went to see God's not Dead and thought what a great idea, let's do this?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Plot Twist: It was Kirk Cameron in disguise.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 7, 2015 at 11:10 am)Alex K Wrote: So one guy actually went to see God's not Dead and thought what a great idea, let's do this?

Apparently so.

Every group has their crazies, and their idiots. Even Pat Robertson has criticized YECs. We can do our part to laugh at this guy as much as we laughed at the idea of a philosophy professor not wanting to debate religion in GnD.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I own an XBOX and that's good enough for me. Angrboda 5 421 July 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1684 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4229 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  How to beat a presupp at their own game Superjock 150 11627 April 16, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 1913 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2618 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9503 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Refuting Christians with their Own Bible Incognito 307 30312 July 7, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Leaving cards with one Bible verse and one Quran verse for people to discover? ReptilianPeon 7 2327 November 10, 2015 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Write your own commandments BrokenQuill92 29 5812 July 27, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Spooky