Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Mother's Day to the AF.org Mothers!!!
Happy Mother's Day to the AF.org Mothers!!!
Happy Mother's Day!

Putting love and appreciation out there for ya!!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Happy Mother's Day to the AF.org Mothers!!!
I second that! Happy Mother's Day!
Yep! Happy Day, mommas!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Huh... scared me to death, you guys... it's not today everywhere

But, happy mother's day, all you mothers out there! Put the kids in the freezer and have fun!

...don't judge me
Mothers' Day in the UK is in March, but I'll get back in the spirit for all the people who are celebrating their legendary mothers on today

Happy Mothers Day to you all Smile
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

As usual, you guys are like 10 months late to Hallmark's holiday creation... Tongue
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Thanks everyone! Heart 

Sending out warm Mother's Day wishes to the mom's! Smile
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
(May 10, 2015 at 12:32 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: As usual, you guys are like 10 months late to Hallmark's holiday creation... Tongue
No we just have to be quirky Tongue And no you're 2 months late, not the other way around hehe. We're the mother country, remember? What we say goes Wink
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

I'm bad at getting sappy, but Happy Mother's Day! Not a job (parenting) I'd ever be mature enough for.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Well technically, Mother's Day was proclaimed to be a national holiday by President Woodrow Wilson. It was stated to be the second Sunday of May.

So...yeah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Happy Thansgiving Day thread! Jehanne 10 727 November 24, 2022 at 1:53 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Happy Veterans Day... arewethereyet 28 1694 November 14, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Happy Father's Day!! Jehanne 24 1553 June 22, 2022 at 9:01 am
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Mother's Day. arewethereyet 7 529 May 9, 2022 at 4:45 am
Last Post: anlogue
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 428 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Dyngus Day onlinebiker 5 358 April 18, 2022 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Pope Francis to channel the dead mother of Jesus. Jehanne 3 269 March 22, 2022 at 4:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Fine - I'll do it - Happy Whatever You Celebrate Eve/Day arewethereyet 20 1136 December 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Happy RUSH day! no one 15 1210 December 23, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Ranjr
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 822 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty