Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am so sad
I am so sad
I just logged into my old Facebook account to see my sister.

Her eyes are so dead and she has all these postings of religious memes that are the antecedent to logic.

I posted on her wall of how I logically felt about how she is leading her life.  I doubt it will do any good.  I honestly believe she is too ingrained within the ignorance of religion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I am so sad
How is she leading her life?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Dead eyes did not give it away?
~ Erin Hunter
No, that's very subjective. Can you be more specific? Do you think she has a joyless life or otherwise suffers?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Her eyes.

[Image: sde_zpsgfixwqsd.jpg]

(May 11, 2015 at 3:19 am)Alex K Wrote: No, that's very subjective. Can you be more specific? Do you think she has a joyless life or otherwise suffers?

Yes, because those with dead eyes are joyful.  
~ Erin Hunter
I am not an eye-reader or anything, but her problem might not be due to religion, many people turn towards religion due to some other problems in life. So your attempt at logically helping her through facebook might end up causing more stress instead. If possible, talk to her directly and figure things out and help her where she wants and needs it after you know her complete situation.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'm sorry, Kit. It's tough when you realize your loved ones aren't happy; not even content. How close are you, or were you at some point? Do you think you can connect with her? What if you gave her a call just to ask, "hey! I love you! Are you ok?" Sometimes, just "are you ok?" opens up some doors.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You should ask her what's up and if she's ok, deal with her as a person and leave the religion or atheism stuff entirely on the side. If she is having a crisis of some sort and you come barging in preaching rationality and atheism, I don't think she's going to perceive that as very helpful. You're always in danger of not making it about her, but about you and your principles.

I appreciate your attempt at advice.

I know my sister better than anyone.

The problem is not with how her life is going, for she clings to the belief no matter how badly or well it goes.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 11, 2015 at 3:47 am)Kitan Wrote: I appreciate your attempt at advice.

I know my sister better than anyone.  

The problem is not with how her life is going, for she clings to the belief no matter how badly or well it goes.

Why do you think she has these "dead eyes" and what does it mean?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad about report from the vet arewethereyet 10 553 April 23, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Sad. Minimalist 32 2272 September 23, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Sad Scenario: Is He Your Husband or Your Project? Rhondazvous 23 2604 June 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Kind of sad. Foxaèr 6 1415 May 1, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Is Just Sad.... Minimalist 51 3926 May 23, 2016 at 3:36 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
Rainbow A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users Excited Penguin 36 3914 May 17, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Sad Reality :( Heat 23 4642 September 16, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  So I just got back my IQ score and diagnosis and I'm sad MusicLovingAtheist 43 18829 September 26, 2014 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Sad face BrokenQuill92 11 2083 June 18, 2014 at 5:58 am
Last Post: Losty
  Why are you sad/mad/upset? (place to complain) Sedna 22 4518 April 19, 2014 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko