Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chutzpah Personified
Chutzpah Personified
My less-than-charitable reaction to this story is FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/conserva...and-blind/

Quote:Conservative spurns Obamacare and insurance — but blames Obama now that he’s going broke and blind

Quote:Obamacare was designed to cover those whose income falls below the poverty line through Medicaid, but South Carolina is among 21 Republican-led states that declined the federal government’s offer to pay 100 percent of the costs to expand coverage to low-income, able-bodied adults.

Shit happens!
RE: Chutzpah Personified
Kind of attractive man there.

I could suggest some easy indoor work for him that might help the finances. I can't imagine he would mind, he's already damn good at fucking himself.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It is kind of reassuring when bad things happen to bad people.  It is a bit of poetic justice.  Now, if only that were always the case, along with good things happening to good people...

Still, I don't really wish for bad things happening to this guy.  But I also don't really wish for him to be a stupid asshole either, so we can see that my wishes don't affect the world very much.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 12, 2015 at 12:28 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: Still, I don't really wish for bad things happening to this guy.  But I also don't really wish for him to be a stupid asshole either, so we can see that my wishes don't affect the world very much.

Perhaps if you phrased your wishes in the form of a prayer...?   Tongue
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
He's sitting in a $300,000 asset.

How much charity should he absorb over someone else living in a cardboard refrigerator box ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Ironic, considering the conservative mantra of personal responsibility.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(May 12, 2015 at 1:01 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Ironic, considering the conservative mantra of personal responsibility.

It has always been a lie.  Conservatives love welfare for the rich, just not for the poor who need it.  They just call the welfare for the rich by another name, and imagine that makes it good.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Can't his pastor mix some spittle with some dirt and fix his eyes ??

What am I missing here ??

The man screws up and blames Obama. So much for that conservative personal responsibility we're always hearing about!

ETA: Agh, beaten to the punch.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Good point. OK to make it twice, and the christer/consevatwerps still ain't gonna catch on.