Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't
Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't
ICR's Jason Lisle, with qualifications to fill the Grand Canyon, says that Romans 1 is all the proof you need.

link

Quote:"The evidence of God is ubiquitous. It is everywhere,” Dr. Lisle tells Seewald in the video below. "In fact, Roman 1 tells us that God has revealed himself to everyone, and what that means is, there is really no such thing as an atheist."

Despite being a researcher, he says that he has no need to even prove it.

"I don’t really have to give new evidence to a professing atheist," Lisle explains. "All I have to do is expose his suppressed knowledge of God, because you see, in Romans I again, it tells us that the reason that unbelievers profess, you know, they say there’s no God, et cetera et cetera, it’s not because they don’t know Him, it’s because they’re suppressing the truth in unrighteousness. The Bible says."

It must be wonderful to be a creationist - all that funding and you don't have to do anything.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't
I like the "being a reasearcher" part. Otherwise it's just another creationist farting out of the wrong orifice. Stinks a bit, but the world moves on.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Jason Lisle doesn't exist, there's no mention of him in the bible
The bible says, the bible says, the bible says....

Because he has nothing substantial, just appeals to an ancient book that also says you need to sacrifice two birds for a leprosy cure.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Some researcher, that guy. I wonder what his research grant proposals ask for - I suppose band aids for paper cuts, mostly...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 13, 2015 at 9:53 am)Alex K Wrote: Some researcher, that guy. I wonder what his research grant proposals ask for - I suppose band aids for paper cuts, mostly...

Well, he might need a little therapeutic vacation time if he accidentally looks at other religion's creation BS.  I can imagine some consternational angst at pondering giant turtles and elephants holding the world up
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Hmm. How about I don't give a shit what the bible says. I can write a story and include a bit that says if someone doesn't believe my story is true, then really they do believe it. It's not difficult.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(May 13, 2015 at 10:42 am)robvalue Wrote: Hmm. How about I don't give a shit what the bible says. I can write a story and include a bit that says if someone doesn't believe my story is true, then really they do believe it. It's not difficult.

I believe you.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I think we can use this against him...

He's saying: IF the Bible's true, THEN there are no atheists.

So, that means:

If we can show him ONE TRUE ATHEIST, THE BIBLE IS NEGATED

Contrapositive ftw baby
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(May 13, 2015 at 11:18 am)TRJF Wrote: I think we can use this against him...

He's saying: IF the Bible's true, THEN there are no atheists.

So, that means:

If we can show him ONE TRUE ATHEIST, THE BIBLE IS NEGATED

Contrapositive ftw baby

Ah but you see, you're not a real atheist. All of you are convinced that God, and by that we mean Yahweh, of course, who else, really exists but you're too proud mumble mumble sinful lives something something angry at God yatta yatta.

And the glorious thing about this argument is you can't disprove it. I'll just accuse you of lying about what your true feelings are. 

No True Scotsman for the win! 

Glory! 

Praise the Sweet Name of Jebus!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good exists - a Catholic comments Barry 619 32562 October 30, 2023 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1296 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35151 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 47325 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10447 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  My dad doesn't view Christianity as superior Der/die AtheistIn 0 645 November 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  If Yahweh exists, is he a fraud? Cecelia 33 5266 November 17, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 2724 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8042 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter