Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things.
Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things.
Wow so many new faces, I hope someone was passing out muffins in my absence? If not then I guess I have some work cut out for me :p

I really made this thread to say yea things get crazy and stuff but I missed you guys too much to stay gone. 

I noticed that there's no list for "today's birthdays" on the main page, is that not a thing anymore? I guess I could become special detective Losty and make my own birthday calendar if necessary but the birthday announcement thingy was pretty convenient. 
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Blueberry muffins and birthdays and other such things.
This thread got my attention because my daughters 8th birthday is coming up. We normally just have tiny family parties with a frind or 2 of hers, we aren't "those" kind of parents....until now!! Daughter asked for Harry Potter themed birthday, and I'm going nuts turning my house into Diagon alley (mostly), and the Hogwarts Great Hall. I spent three hours yesterday making wands out of chopstick, hot glue, and paint. Sounds cheesly, looks awesome.

Sigh. I barely slept last night because my brain is working overtime! And I am supposed to be taking a road trip today, in about an hour. I ned to get my head screwed back on and go make breakfast and pack lunch.

Sorry, rambling!

If any AF members do have birthdays today, Happy Birthday!
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdTkSxkjeLaujgB1mc--N...yztqT5xgpS]

Start off with these.  I'll put on a pot of tea.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJJE1zLjyZjpebW3OqXp9...nDNF9MLuNA]

There you go.  I whipped up a couple more yummies while the water was boiling.

Please make yourself comfortable.  Take off as much as you like.
(May 16, 2015 at 11:21 am)Aroura Wrote: This thread got my attention because my daughters 8th birthday is coming up.  We normally just have tiny family parties with a frind or 2 of hers, we aren't "those" kind of parents....until now!!  Daughter asked for Harry Potter themed birthday, and I'm going nuts turning my house into Diagon alley (mostly), and the Hogwarts Great Hall.  I spent three hours yesterday making wands out of chopstick, hot glue, and paint. Sounds cheesly, looks awesome.

Sigh.  I barely slept last night because my brain is working overtime!  And I am supposed to be taking a road trip today, in about an hour.  I ned to get my head screwed back on and go make breakfast and pack lunch.

Sorry, rambling!

Wow that sounds awesome! Remind me to have you plan my birthday party too, I love Harry Potter. I did find that we already have a birthday calendar and there are no birthdays today. 
Happy birthday to your daughter I hope the party turns out great!
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Well unfortunately my birthday was right before I joined this forum, or I would welcome the idea of a birthday muffin. Big Grin
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.” 
-Isaac Asimov

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
-Douglas Adams
Never mind.
No. No muffins anywhere to be seen!!!
(May 16, 2015 at 11:21 am)Aroura Wrote: This thread got my attention because my daughters 8th birthday is coming up.  We normally just have tiny family parties with a frind or 2 of hers, we aren't "those" kind of parents....until now!!  Daughter asked for Harry Potter themed birthday, and I'm going nuts turning my house into Diagon alley (mostly), and the Hogwarts Great Hall.  I spent three hours yesterday making wands out of chopstick, hot glue, and paint. Sounds cheesly, looks awesome.

Sigh.  I barely slept last night because my brain is working overtime!  And I am supposed to be taking a road trip today, in about an hour.  I ned to get my head screwed back on and go make breakfast and pack lunch.

Sorry, rambling!

That sounds like a great birthday party. One of the funnest kid parties my children ever attended was a mud party. The father dug a pit and filled it with dirt and water. Everyone just jumped in and rolled in mud, me included. 

My birthday and anniversary is easy to remember, Halloween. My daughter-in-law was going to be induced so she asked if she could have our first grandson on my birthday. So, Halloween is a big deal to me.

(May 16, 2015 at 11:29 am)whateverist Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdTkSxkjeLaujgB1mc--N...yztqT5xgpS]

Start off with these.  I'll put on a pot of tea.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJJE1zLjyZjpebW3OqXp9...nDNF9MLuNA]

There you go.  I whipped up a couple more yummies while the water was boiling.

Please make yourself comfortable.  Take off as much as you like.

Those little muffins look delicious. 
Yes!!!! This is AF again. Hi, Losty. I've missed you. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(May 16, 2015 at 11:21 am)Aroura Wrote: Daughter asked for Harry Potter themed birthday, and I'm going nuts turning my house into Diagon alley (mostly), and the Hogwarts Great Hall.  I spent three hours yesterday making wands out of chopstick, hot glue, and paint. Sounds cheesly, looks awesome
Any chance we'll get some pics out of this?
Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is slack a private social club and other issues my sorry ass has landed itself in Angrboda 89 11539 April 22, 2023 at 10:47 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 655620 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  WHAT HAPPENED TO TODAY'S BIRTHDAYS?? BrianSoddingBoru4 6 1279 December 31, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I quote other posts? Bunburryist 5 1682 August 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: wiploc
Thumbs Up Kudos for such Great forums!! Orchids 24 6124 September 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Know any other atheist forums? -z- 57 21044 January 1, 2014 at 10:35 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  When complaining about other users who have broken the rules discussion Violet 4 2258 September 18, 2009 at 6:13 am
Last Post: Retorth