Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an anal analyser
Ask an anal analyser
I analyse way too much. I often can't help it. My brain has started working over something I'm looking at before I've even given any conscious instructions. It can be helpful to be this way, and it can also have drawbacks such as getting lost in detail and being hit in the head by my wife.

I'm extremely nit picky, in that mistakes (such as typos in a book) stand out like a sore thumb to me. This is useful for offering corrections as a proof reader, but annoying when I'm just trying to enjoy the book! I'm the same with everything, but I keep most of it to myself as no one wants to hear my anal nonsense.

Feel free to ask me any questions about this or anything else Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Ask an anal analyser
I thougjt this thread was going to be about a proctologist.

My youngest daughter over thinks movies to the point that we have to tell her to wait until the end to tell us all the reason the movie can't be true. She is much better about this now but when she was around 13, she used to drive us up the wall
Haha, sounds familiar. I do that too. I have to bite my tongue! I can't help spotting blatant plot holes. The most annoying is the "scene that makes no sense on second watching". It's bad writing, I've seen it in so many movies, and I spot it on the first watching.

Nah, no probes today. My wife always tells me I'm anal. Not entirely sure what it means... she uses it to mean obsessed with detail I think. She's only messing with me Smile As analytical as I am, I try and keep my communication straight forward. I don't try and hide secret agendas or implications in my questions. But I think some people are so used to it happening, they read things into what I say that I never intended.

I do a lot of snarky sarcasm, but it's always intended to be good natured. I'd never try and make a serious point hidden behind jest.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
I was surprised when this wasn't vorlon's thread.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Lol oh yeah Big Grin

I was having trouble thinking of what I could call myself, what makes me distinctly more ridiculous than other people.

Index of my best videos
It's probably short for anal retentive, a condition in Freudian psychology where things that went wrong in your anal phase have an impact on your personality.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah, that would be it. I don't know if that really applies to me or not. I'd have to look at the symptoms.

Index of my best videos
Rob, do you suffer from any forms of OCD?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No, I'm fairly sure I don't.

Index of my best videos
Does the sequence S(n) = 1/n tend to 0 in the rational number set??