Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask a Brummie
Ask a Brummie
Arr'frum Buurrmingum! Ask me anything
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

RE: Ask a Brummie
We can't understand a thing you're saying.

Napo! Translate!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
"I'm from Birmingham" Ask me anything...
You're a Brummie too Napo? I thought you were American haha
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(May 17, 2015 at 10:12 pm)Napoléon Wrote: "I'm from Birmingham" Ask me anything...

Never would have guessed...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: You're a Brummie too Napo? I thought you were American haha

Yeah, there's a couple of us here Smile
Just so we are clear, I do not talk like that. My spoken English is immaculate Tongue

- Maryam Namazie

(May 17, 2015 at 10:14 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: You're a Brummie too Napo? I thought you were American haha

He is.  He is just yanking your chain.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 17, 2015 at 10:16 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:

He is.  He is just yanking your chain.

You were hoping he would yank something else, but he is a god-fearing American!  You will have to meet him in an airport restroom for that sort of thing!

Or on Grindr.

- Maryam Namazie

(May 17, 2015 at 10:16 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Just so we are clear, I do not talk like that. My spoken English is immaculate Tongue

Accent tag or it didn't happen...