Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Man Walking
Dead Man Walking
A man in Karachi is erecting a 140' cross. Given the well documented and frequent abuse of Christians in Pakistan I don't see this ending well.

Quote:In 2013, more than 100 people were killed in a suicide bombing at a church in Peshawar. In November, a mob burned alive a Christian couple in a brick oven after the two were wrongly accused of burning a Koran. In March, suicide bombers killed some 15 people at two church services in ­Lahore. Last month, also in ­Lahore, a 14-year-old Christian boy was attacked and set on fire, according to local media reports.

Perhaps the most bizarre part of this story is the supposed reason he gives for building it.

Quote:Pakistani businessman Parvez Henry Gill says he was sleeping when God crashed into one of his dreams and gave him a job: find a way to protect Christians in Pakistan from violence and abuse. “I want you to do something different,” God told him.

Seems to me there would be a more efficient way for an all-powerful God to protect Pakistani Christians. I'm also having difficulty finding a reason that this would protect Christians rather than raise the ire of those that are already intent on doing them harm.

[Image: IMG_24001430678111.jpg?uuid=JlRw4vHDEeS8pSG1G735Pg]
RE: Dead Man Walking
he was told to do 'something different' and he builds a CROSS?! Really?!

11/10 for originality
Oh, fuck!

That is going to PO the fucking Islamites no end. Does it also spray rendered pork fat over the city ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

This won't end well. The Almighty must really have a thing for martyrs because you have to know that when the shit hits the fan, as it will, He won't lift a single all-powerful finger to help.
'we built this big ass symbol of our religion that our persecutors hate, they just gotta leave us alone now!!'
I wonder how big a truck bomb it will take to knock it down ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I can only assume he's wanting to draw the world's attention so when he is killed it will cause mass outrage. The problem is the world knows and no one wants to get involved in the political shitstorm. Or maybe it's an act of defiance to send a message that they don't scare him which I could respect that, but I hope he doesn't get anyone else hurt in the process.
(May 19, 2015 at 9:28 am)Crossless1 Wrote: This won't end well.  The Almighty must really have a thing for martyrs because you have to know that when the shit hits the fan, as it will, He won't lift a single all-powerful finger to help.

A magic number of Christians have to be killed before Jesus returns. It's been 2,000 years already and that number hasn't been reached.  Maybe the ones that will be killed in Pakistan will finally be enough.   
God says to St. Peter.

"Hey, Pete... watch me fuck up this moron."
To which Pete replies:

Don't bother, they're on autopilot.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6058 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  CHISTIANS PLEASE EXPLAIN "the walking dead" truthBtold 20 5716 January 13, 2014 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9473 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Man rises from the dead zebo-the-fat 6 3823 May 14, 2012 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused