Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 6, 2024, 3:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Dream Of 1960
My Dream Of 1960
My Dream Of 1960 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_New_York_air_disaster

On the night of Dec. 15, 1960, I had this dream, which came true and which today 48 years later, still has me thinking of what it meant. I have not been able to decipher why I had this dream, and at which time did not seem to serve any real purpose to anyone, including myself. The dream goes like this: I had a dream that I was rising towards heaven and I saw what appeared to be the figure of Jesus Christ, blessing the U.S.A. I saw what seemed to be the map of the world ***(like the World Map in Google Earth) and we were rising exactly over the Gulf of Mexico and I could see the U.S.A. completely (the four corners). I saw the State of Florida and towards the northeast, New York City. As Jesus was blessing the U.S.A. and as soon as he finished blessing it (like when you make the sign of the cross) I saw two planes that were flying over New York City, collide. I saw a flash and then they fell to the ground. As soon as I saw this I descended to the area of the collision, which seemed to me to be Brooklyn, New York. When I got to the ground, I saw people lying on the ground that was filled with snow. They were bleeding and moaning. As I tried to move towards them to help them I bumped into a huge glass wall that prevented me from helping them. At that moment I felt completely helpless and very saddened that I could not help anyone and the dream ended there.

The next day, Dec. 16, 1960 I woke up at around 5:00 a.m; took a bath and left for school. I arrived at my school, Central Commercial High School at around 6:40 a.m. Classes started at 7:00 a.m. At Around 12:30 p.m. a teacher was talking to another teacher about a plane crash in the Brooklyn area of New York that somebody had told her about, that had occurred that morning. A classmate told me: “Did you hear that?” and I said yes and I told him that I had had a dream of two planes crashing over Brooklyn last night and he said, “maybe that’s the crash you dreamed about!”. He went over to the teachers and told them what I had said and one of the teachers asked me about my dream and I said yes and she said: “I can’t believe you had this dream, because you look so calm” and she told the other teacher about my dream and she was astonished and then everybody in school came over to me to ask me about my dream. I didn’t verify anything about the crash and at 1:00 p.m. I took the shuttle train and crossed to the other side of Manhattan to go to my job at Nu-Dent Porcelain Studios and worked until 11:00 p.m. I arrived at my house just before midnight and my mother asked me if I knew about a plane accident and I said yes. But didn’t give it much thought.

I felt kind of silly every time somebody asked me about my dream. I didn’t know all the facts about the accident and so I didn’t talk much about it. I didn’t pay too much attention about it either and when I got to work they were talking about the accident also and still it didn’t get to me until Saturday morning when I saw it in the newspapers. On Saturday, Dec. 17, 1960 (my birthday) I got up around 6:00 a.m. and quickly went to the store to buy some bread for my mother and to my surprise I saw a newspaper heading in big Red letters that read that two planes had crashed over Brooklyn and I told the lady at the store that I had dreamed of that accident on Thursday night and she said that that was a revelation. On Saturday I finally told my mother about the dream I had and she was upset and asked me why I hadn’t told her about the dream. I told her I had forgotten about it until I saw it in the newspapers that Saturday morning. Then she told all the neighbors and they all came to me to ask me about my dream. I was somewhat of a loner at the time, just had a girlfriend and we went to church and the movies and that was it. When we got to church she told everybody about the dream I had and they all came to me to ask. I was a very timid person and felt bad about so many people around me and then I decided not to talk about my dream ever again.

In my dream of Dec. 15, 1960 I could not help anyone because of a great glass wall that prevented me from helping others. Maybe at that time I was not ready spiritually and that is why I could not help anyone in my dream. But now, 48 years later, I feel I can try to help all humanity after what I have read about the Garabandal, Spain events (Visions) in 1961, of the apparition of the Virgin Mary and the “Great Miracle” that is to occur someday soon and especially when these events indicate where the “miracle” will take place and that all “eyes will see” it and there is also a name of a person that is to be cured of his blindness after 61 years. His name is Joey Lomangino, of Brooklyn, New York who had an accident in 1947 and has been blind ever since. It has just dawned on me now (2008), that finally everything is all coming together, 48 years after my dream of Dec. 15, 1960.

Ricardo Colón-Avilés
Puerto Rico, USA

Email: [email protected]
Persistence Is The Strength Of The Believer!
RE: My Dream Of 1960
Question: How would anyone be able to verify your story? In essence, given that you are advancing a rather incredible tale with what appears to be religious connotations, why should we accept you are telling the truth?

EDIT: OK, So why are you SPAMMING this shit all over the web? You've posted it here too: http://debate.atheist.net/showthread.php...#post30344

Kyu
Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for sharing your dream with us. You obviously have been profoundly affected by it , hence why you are posting it in many places (it seems). As you believe in the God of the Bible, I would exhort you to be cautious. If your dream was from God then time will verify this. ( I am very wary of anything to do with Mary as I believe she is dead in the grave like all other humans (except Jesus) who have died and are awaiting the resurrection. ) So for me, I would be very skeptical, but you had this dream and I can't take it's effect away from you. As I say, time will tell.....Smile
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
(November 27, 2008 at 12:01 am)ricardocoav Wrote: My Dream Of 1960 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_New_York_air_disaster

On the night of Dec. 15, 1960, I had this dream, which came true and which today 48 years later, still has me thinking of what it meant. I have not been able to decipher why I had this dream, and at which time did not seem to serve any real purpose to anyone, including myself. The dream goes like this: I had a dream that I was rising towards heaven and I saw what appeared to be the figure of Jesus Christ, blessing the U.S.A. I saw what seemed to be the map of the world ***(like the World Map in Google Earth) and we were rising exactly over the Gulf of Mexico and I could see the U.S.A. completely (the four corners). I saw the State of Florida and towards the northeast, New York City. As Jesus was blessing the U.S.A. and as soon as he finished blessing it (like when you make the sign of the cross) I saw two planes that were flying over New York City, collide. I saw a flash and then they fell to the ground. As soon as I saw this I descended to the area of the collision, which seemed to me to be Brooklyn, New York. When I got to the ground, I saw people lying on the ground that was filled with snow. They were bleeding and moaning. As I tried to move towards them to help them I bumped into a huge glass wall that prevented me from helping them. At that moment I felt completely helpless and very saddened that I could not help anyone and the dream ended there.

The next day, Dec. 16, 1960 I woke up at around 5:00 a.m; took a bath and left for school. I arrived at my school, Central Commercial High School at around 6:40 a.m. Classes started at 7:00 a.m. At Around 12:30 p.m. a teacher was talking to another teacher about a plane crash in the Brooklyn area of New York that somebody had told her about, that had occurred that morning. A classmate told me: “Did you hear that?” and I said yes and I told him that I had had a dream of two planes crashing over Brooklyn last night and he said, “maybe that’s the crash you dreamed about!”. He went over to the teachers and told them what I had said and one of the teachers asked me about my dream and I said yes and she said: “I can’t believe you had this dream, because you look so calm” and she told the other teacher about my dream and she was astonished and then everybody in school came over to me to ask me about my dream. I didn’t verify anything about the crash and at 1:00 p.m. I took the shuttle train and crossed to the other side of Manhattan to go to my job at Nu-Dent Porcelain Studios and worked until 11:00 p.m. I arrived at my house just before midnight and my mother asked me if I knew about a plane accident and I said yes. But didn’t give it much thought.

I felt kind of silly every time somebody asked me about my dream. I didn’t know all the facts about the accident and so I didn’t talk much about it. I didn’t pay too much attention about it either and when I got to work they were talking about the accident also and still it didn’t get to me until Saturday morning when I saw it in the newspapers. On Saturday, Dec. 17, 1960 (my birthday) I got up around 6:00 a.m. and quickly went to the store to buy some bread for my mother and to my surprise I saw a newspaper heading in big Red letters that read that two planes had crashed over Brooklyn and I told the lady at the store that I had dreamed of that accident on Thursday night and she said that that was a revelation. On Saturday I finally told my mother about the dream I had and she was upset and asked me why I hadn’t told her about the dream. I told her I had forgotten about it until I saw it in the newspapers that Saturday morning. Then she told all the neighbors and they all came to me to ask me about my dream. I was somewhat of a loner at the time, just had a girlfriend and we went to church and the movies and that was it. When we got to church she told everybody about the dream I had and they all came to me to ask. I was a very timid person and felt bad about so many people around me and then I decided not to talk about my dream ever again.

In my dream of Dec. 15, 1960 I could not help anyone because of a great glass wall that prevented me from helping others. Maybe at that time I was not ready spiritually and that is why I could not help anyone in my dream. But now, 48 years later, I feel I can try to help all humanity after what I have read about the Garabandal, Spain events (Visions) in 1961, of the apparition of the Virgin Mary and the “Great Miracle” that is to occur someday soon and especially when these events indicate where the “miracle” will take place and that all “eyes will see” it and there is also a name of a person that is to be cured of his blindness after 61 years. His name is Joey Lomangino, of Brooklyn, New York who had an accident in 1947 and has been blind ever since. It has just dawned on me now (2008), that finally everything is all coming together, 48 years after my dream of Dec. 15, 1960.

Ricardo Colón-Avilés
Puerto Rico, USA

Ricardocoav, bet you we don't get any great miracles this year, next year or any year!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(November 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm)CoxRox Wrote: You obviously have been profoundly affected by it , hence why you are posting it in many places (it seems).
Or, the much more likely explanation: He's a spammer.

I've seen a fair few of these stories on atheist forums. Still, we'll see which it is when he responds.
Oh dear, I didn't know about 'spamming' hence my more 'tolerant' reply. Confused. Does this mean he may have just posted this one off 'claim'?
"The eternal mystery of the world is its comprehensibility"

Albert Einstein
I think we can confirm he's a spammer. He's posted the exact same thing on my blog's forum: http://atheistblogger.com/forums/showthr...15&pid=779
Forget spamming, he can Google Earth in his dreams - he roxx!!
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
We have a spammer do we?

HmmmDodgy
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(November 27, 2008 at 4:27 am)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Question: How would anyone be able to verify your story? In essence, given that you are advancing a rather incredible tale with what appears to be religious connotations, why should we accept you are telling the truth?

EDIT: OK, So why are you SPAMMING this shit all over the web? You've posted it here too: http://debate.atheist.net/showthread.php...#post30344

Kyu

Why should you be so bothered by it? It is of things to come and I think that you should give it a chance. You can be a witness in favor or against in the near future. If it doesn't happen...then you were right!
(November 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm)CoxRox Wrote: Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for sharing your dream with us. You obviously have been profoundly affected by it , hence why you are posting it in many places (it seems). As you believe in the God of the Bible, I would exhort you to be cautious. If your dream was from God then time will verify this. ( I am very wary of anything to do with Mary as I believe she is dead in the grave like all other humans (except Jesus) who have died and are awaiting the resurrection. ) So for me, I would be very skeptical, but you had this dream and I can't take it's effect away from you. As I say, time will tell.....Smile

Inspiring post!
(November 27, 2008 at 3:34 pm)bozo Wrote:
(November 27, 2008 at 12:01 am)ricardocoav Wrote: My Dream Of 1960 – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_New_York_air_disaster

Ricardo Colón-Avilés
Puerto Rico, USA

Ricardocoav, bet you we don't get any great miracles this year, next year or any year!

All I can say is...Whales....Hospitals....Smoke....Chaos all around.
(November 27, 2008 at 4:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(November 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm)CoxRox Wrote: You obviously have been profoundly affected by it , hence why you are posting it in many places (it seems).
Or, the much more likely explanation: He's a spammer.

I've seen a fair few of these stories on atheist forums. Still, we'll see which it is when he responds.

It is a calling. If true you shall rejoice, if not your "truth" will prevail.
(November 28, 2008 at 7:25 am)Ace Wrote: We have a spammer do we?

HmmmDodgy

The truth shall prevail, either way. Your way or my way.

You are very smart. Here is my conclusion to my dream:

My Dear Friends:

Today, 48 years after my dream of the 1960 New York air disaster I have come to a conclusion. Someone asked me how did I know that the planes that had crashed, at least one of them would fall in Brooklyn. In my dream I thought it was Brooklyn. Now comes this man, Joey Lomangino, whom I hadn't heard of in my life until 2008 and he is from Brooklyn and living a few miles from the accident site. I still asked myself: But what has this to do with the Garabandal events? Today I summed it all up and I think I got an answer. Maybe I am wrong, who knows. I summed the planes' flight numbers, total of the deceased, Joey Lomangino's age, and the day of my dream and this is what I got: Flights 826 + 266 + 134 + 77 + 15= 1318. Joey Lomangino was born in 1930 he is going to be or is 78, but when I got this hit, he was 77. When I checked in Google Earth for Lomangino I got an address of 1318 61st. Street and I said: That's it! The magic number to connect my dream of the air disaster of New York in 1960 to the Garabandal events is 1318. Know you figure that out! The real connection is, that in 1960 I couldn’t help anybody and today in 2008, maybe I could.