Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music you hate
Music you hate
It's a thread to rip on it

I like to think I'm open to different genres of music, but some stuff is just atrocious to my ears

Like bad dance music, for example

https://youtu.be/egtI2xqg75E

If there is a hell, they have a special spot for people who produced this...thing
RE: Music you hate
Anything by Beyoveratedoncé.
Well, I only really listen to one radio station for music (lots for sports). I like most of the stuff on it (it's modern Alt Rock reaching back to the 80s), but here's the stuff I don't really like:

Anything by Bastille. Like, I almost literally think that (every other song in existence)>Pompeii>Bad Blood>>>Flaws, which might be the worst song ever written/performed by human beings.

The song Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. The lyrics, music... lyrics... everything's horrendous. Did I mention the inane lyrics?

The newish Foo Fighters Congregation. Cannot listen to it. It's, like... incoherent idiotic yelling that hurts my ears.

I'm sure there's a lot more. I'll think of it.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I would say rap/hip-hop although I don't know if that's technically music at all. It sure is an ear-sore, whatever it is.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Anything by Taylor Swift. I fuckin hate everything she ever does
It's sorta a gut reaction, but I don't think there is another singer who pisses me off so much

Whether it's her old countrygirl candish puke inducing love songs/breakup songs or the new pop shit she's doing, I can't see any redeeming qualities, at all
Opera. i will take my classical music without overwrought vocals.

Gangsta rap. The world is shitty enough without you reminding me about to the backdrop of repetitive music cribbed from folks who actually write music.

Hair metal. Three-chord horseshit that couldn't find a groove to save its life.

Did I mention Celine Dion?

Within my favourite genre: schmaltzy power metal with singers who are just barely not good enough to pull it off.

I don't hate on hip hop globally and I appreciate the lyrical skill that goes into wrapping those rhymes around an interesting beat. I think people like Lamar are very talented for example, but all those poser gangsta shits who can't rap and all they evrer rap about is having more n****z with more bling and hoes, that stuff is such garbage.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 21, 2015 at 4:59 pm)Alex K Wrote: Did I mention Celine Dion?

Not in this thread, yet Rolleyes
Rap. I get it that there a messages in it, but the style just bores me rigid. Everything country, and by that I don't mean only American country but also what goes for folk music in my corner of the world.

And last but not least two songs that make me go berserk when I hear them: "Don't worry, be happy" and "take me to the matador". I think that was the title of that abysmal wayward turd. Oh yes, and everything Barry Manilow.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
In the PT class at my university, "Pompeii", by Bastille, often comes up. It doesn't make me want to work out. It makes me want to write bad poetry while sitting down at Starbucks sipping a macchiato.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F90Cw4l-8NY

Also, Jewel and other female vocalists of her ilk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wBDDAZkNtk

At a Jack in the Box fast food chain restaurant many years back, they were blasting Carly Simon over the Muzak PA. Now I can't stand that song based on that experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtdsUS5SRwI

I don't like heavy metal or most rap, either.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Music to fall asleep Fake Messiah 2 638 August 29, 2023 at 5:59 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheist music deleted 29 2703 August 13, 2023 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  ABBA - phoney music for phoney people onlinebiker 7 1042 November 5, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Official Christmas Music Thread Foxaèr 46 2428 January 4, 2021 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Evolution of Music from 1400 BC till the present day GrandizerII 67 10461 December 8, 2019 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Music You're Listening To: SofaKingHigh 3266 148309 July 2, 2019 at 1:32 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals: NPR Music Tiny Desk Concert Aegon 0 290 October 20, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Why theists really hate Harry Potter Foxaèr 49 2714 October 17, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Celebrating womanhood through music Foxaèr 34 3823 April 13, 2018 at 11:41 am
Last Post: brewer
  So.... I want to make music with... Software. Any help? ErGingerbreadMandude 23 3176 August 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K