Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum: Ask a ...
New Forum: Ask a ...
By popular demand, I have created a new forum called "Ask a ..." where people can post threads in the form "Ask a ..." (replacing the ... with some aspect about themselves, e.g. their religion, job, hobby, etc.) Since there have been a large number of these threads recently and they are quite fun, we think there should be an official place for them.

There are no new rules with this forum, but obviously threads which are created there should reflect the purpose of the forum, and the thread creator should try to answer as many questions as possible if they do create a thread there. On that note, thread creators are not required to answer all questions, and can choose to ignore questions as they see fit. I feel the need to make that clear as reddit.com has a similar area (called an "Ask Me Anything") where thread creators sometimes get grief for not answering certain questions. I don't want the same thing to happen here.

I've moved the current "Ask a ..." threads over to the forum (all the ones I could see anyway) and added my own: Ask a computer security expert.

Have fun. :-)

- Tiberius
RE: New Forum: Ask a ...
Oh, my.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I FEEL VALIDATED
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
I didn't see the thread that started it all, "Ask A Catholic Hornet" .. or something like that. Part of the fun of the genre is how each has begun with the same casual assumption that everyone would flock to ask him questions.

But it was good to see the responsiveness of the site to the emerging genre.
Obviously my one was best t -.- t
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Take that, atheistforums.com! We rule!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Haha, this is awesome. I mean, I started mine as a joke, just trying to poke a little fun at the wording of the original Catholic thread. But then I got a lot of serious questions, and other people started threads with "ask a...". and I thought, how great that this took off in such a positive direction!
It really got people talking to each other and sharing. Cool that there is now a whole area to post those in. Smile
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I knew this was the new popular thing, but I didn't think they'd make a sub-forum about it. I figured it would die out quickly, unless a lot of people really were asking some serious questions.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Where do I post kinky subjects intersected with "Ask a..."? Area 69 or the new sub-forum?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(May 22, 2015 at 11:26 am)Dystopia Wrote: Where do I post kinky subjects intersected with "Ask a..."? Area 69 or the new sub-forum?

Area 69 would be best.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Forum Logo / Banner + Merchandise! Tiberius 31 4264 September 27, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Meet your new forum admin: LastPoet Jackalope 60 10653 January 30, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Meet your new forum admin: Stimbo Jackalope 154 20759 January 28, 2015 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  New Forum Category Eilonnwy 0 1292 August 25, 2010 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  New Forum Changes Eilonnwy 0 1333 July 1, 2010 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Eilonnwy
  New Videos Forum Tiberius 5 3584 December 14, 2008 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet