Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peer reviewed study published in Science Journal turns out to be fraud.
Peer reviewed study published in Science Journal turns out to be fraud.
A 'gay conversion' study published in Science Journal has been shown to be a fraud.

The study, widely reference in mainstream media, purported to show that more people would accept gay marriage, if only they could chat to an actual LGBT person. Once they were 'enlightened' by speaking to an LGBT, they would be far more likely to support gay marriage. Obviously you are meant to infer that opposition to gay marriage only exists within ignorant and uneducated circles.

The study was accepted and published throughout the mainstream media until a group attempted to replicate the results, and found they could not. When asking for the original data, the lead scientist of the study, Michael LaCour, who is set to become assistant professor at Princeton in July, claimed it had been 'lost', and has not been able to supply any source material.

The study has been retracted by the author after colleague admitted data was faked, but Science Journal is yet to retract it.

FOr more information:
http://www.naturalnews.com/049809_gay_sc...genda.html
http://retractionwatch.com/2015/05/20/au...ere-faked/
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/346/6215/1366
RE: Peer reviewed study published in Science Journal turns out to be fraud.
What's new? The bible had been mainstream for 1700 years, and it's a total fraud.
(May 23, 2015 at 11:52 am)Chuck Wrote: What's new?   The bible had been mainstream for 1700 years, and it's a total fraud.

How many more retractions are due which are yet to be discovered, i wonder? There has already been more fraud in the 'science of evolution', than all other sciences put together.
It's worth pointing out that this fraud was discovered by the normal course of scientific discovery, replication by other scientists. What this seems to show, in addition to the obvious, that science isn't perfect, is that science has a healthy aspect of being self-correcting.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Peer review is far from a perfect guarantee for good science. It's more like a first line of defense. But in particular, it's not really designed to detect fraud and wilful deception.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yep. Scientific fraud happens. What's your point?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 23, 2015 at 11:54 am)YGninja Wrote:
(May 23, 2015 at 11:52 am)Chuck Wrote: What's new?   The bible had been mainstream for 1700 years, and it's a total fraud.

How many more retractions are due which are yet to be discovered, i wonder? There has already been more fraud in the 'science of evolution', than all other sciences put together.

Really?  And how many retraction have you Christians offered?   Science self corrects.  Your cult does not.  Evolution is part of Science and subject to correction, it gets closer to the truth.  Your cult is not part of science,  it never gets any closer to the truth despite its grandiose claims of being the truth.   Against science your only have your cult.  Science, faults and all, wins.

Now get out.
So science self corrected.

I fail to see the big whoop.

The lies of religion just go on and on and on and.....

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

That's it for science then, I guess?

Don't worry, I'll do it.

Come on science, don't make a fuss. Let's go out the back for a little chat. It's OK girl. *Picks up shotgun*
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That's it. I'm officially done with science.

Someone pass me a bible. I'm going to stick with things that refuse to correct themselves when proven wrong.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Near Death Experience Study Opinions? orthodox-man 62 9810 May 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The AWARE study. Jehanne 3 1040 February 8, 2016 at 3:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  New study on mass extinction of species abaris 19 5280 June 21, 2015 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Kennewick Man Study On The Way Minimalist 4 1480 September 1, 2014 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Tongue Study:Drunk Fish Totally Impress Sober Fish. MountainsWinAgain 2 1051 May 23, 2014 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Your memory rewrites the past and edits it with new experiences, study finds Gooders1002 6 2180 March 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tor
  NASA Study Concludes When Civilization Will End, And It's Not Looking Good for Us Gooders1002 9 3762 March 22, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Heywood
  Pollen Study Indicates the Collapse of the LBA Minimalist 7 3196 October 25, 2013 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: Owlix
  Study suggests that Neandertals shared speech and language with modern humans Minimalist 13 6397 July 10, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Full Circle
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7744 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul